Polishing Windows 10 Mobile's Interface

anon(9677858)

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
Many users are worried about the user interface of Windowa 10 Mobile (including me). I can attest to its inconsistency and since we can't do anything anymore about its impending RTM, maybe we can give them ideas about how to enhance the mobile experience (for the next build, maybe)? So, what I have here is an album I uploaded on Flickr (ironically, they don't have an app for Windows yet).

Anyway, I came up with a philosophy that

a) continues with what Microsoft has done with Windows Phone 8 — in my opinion, it is the best representation of what Microsoft can do when they're really focusing. Windows Phone 8 was the best mobile OS in terms of design, at least; and
b) shows better consistency throughout the whole OS.

Take note that some of the icons I used were from the Windows Phone 8/8.1 ones. I already like the wireframe ones so just disregard those WP8/8.1 icons lol. Feel free to comment either here/on the Flickr photo. Who knows? Maybe Microsoft may notice.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/urth_key/sets/72157659612497554

Last edited by a moderator:

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Nothing breathtaking. I don't know if you didn't care to make these look good, or you really want W10M to look like this, but IMO that looks bad. The only noticeable difference is bringing back more pivots, which is kinda OK, but on the other side it's holding MS back from progress. You can't look back the whole time and try to keep everything the same. Also, pivots aren't extinct, they just look a little different now, for example in the dialer, and photos.

anon(9677858)

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for noticing!

First of all, this isn't exactly a total redesign of Windows 10 Mobile. I didn't really do much changes, hence the term "polishing".

What I'm aiming for here is the consistency that's a bit lacking in Microsoft's current approach.

anon(9677858)

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
There was really a thing that went on with the hamburger menu. Apple implemented it on iOS and they eventually shut the concept off because of how jarring and inefficient it is.

techcrunch.com/2014/05/24/before-the-hamburger-button-kills-you/

I suggest you read the article above. Thanks for the feedback, though! :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon