News app

soil2oil

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Each day it seems that the Microsoft News app is getting worse and worse.
Do any of you use it?
I see many articles that bash Microsoft windows phones, articles claiming the 850 is coming soon, articles about the 1530? That don't make any sense when you click on story to see what it's about, just adds for baccarat and other games!
The whole feed is becoming a joke that's really not funny to someone that wants a serious news feed.
We should also be able to customize and specify which sources we individually want on our feeds, yet that is not an option.

BBJonbo

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
I am not seeing any of those articles in the MS News app for W10M. I read most new articles. Maybe they are there but like HP it is simply a news aggregator and likely doesn't filter negative MS articles.

soil2oil

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I should edit my interests unfortunately.
I put "microsoft" and "Lumia" as interests so I probably get articles in my feed you do not. Doing that causes a lot of odd news sources to appear after looking closer.
Although I'm also talking about news sources in feed that I may not want to deal with as well

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
For "Topics" I have: Mobile Carriers, Windows Phone and Cell Phone Photography. I'm not seeing a lot of SPAM ads cluttering things up. I see more in the way of Windows Phone negativity, but that's what is out there.

When it comes to sources, I feel like I have a metric ton of options. I have no problems finding sources that provide me with a balanced outlook and I'm able to disregard sources that, IMHO, are not worth while.

soil2oil

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Can I post a screenshot of an example "article" if so how?
Thank you
I'm also able to disregard sources when not given an option, it just seems in this day and age we would be able to more finely tune our devices to personalize them more for our likes.
Is all of this a petty complaint when looking at the big picture in the world? Definitely, I admit,
But aren't the phones supposed to be for our enjoyment and personalization as much as possible, when possible

soil2oil

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Or you can search on your news feed this.
"Nokia Lumia 2015 models"
Article by S.Kita
That is a very odd article,imo

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon