Extra batteries? Do you buy them?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Do you buy them for your Lumias and other phones that have replaceable batteries? My dad is still liking his 640 a lot (he has used it since August of last year), and I'm debating if it would be a good idea to get one or not for him. Unlike me, who happens to change phones each year, my dad is more of someone who rides a phone to the end.

I have a spare att unlocked 640 with a battery but I'm debating this. I just wonder what you all do, when it comes to extra batteries.

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Purchase as needed, or purchase an extended battery if I really feel a device needs the boost. So far on Windows Phone, I've not felt the need for an extended battery.

That said, the amount of batteries I've purchased is minimal when compared to the number of phones that have gone through my hands.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I never buy spare batteries. Would be a real pain to swap anyway in the cases I usually get ie I'd have to 'dismantle' the phone every time! I've always managed to get through the day but then again I am generally not a heavy user.

Kimmo Toivanen

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I think I have bought 2 batteries: one for Nokia 2110 and another for Samsung android (can't remember the model, maybe after 1 year of usage). And few for camera (Canon PS) ;) Other phones have done well for 2-3 years of usage, including Lumia 820.

If the battery has lost it's capacity, replacing it brings life back to the phone, is cheaper than replacing the phone + no transferring apps and data and so on.

If the question was about using the phone with 2 or more batteries - never done that. I charge my 640/WP8.1 usually after 3 days. Pulling battery cover off every day is tedious + how to charge the extra battery? How about battery bank for extra charge every now and then? Or a phone with wireless charging - there must be times the phone is not used?

skstrials

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I have only bought phones with easily removable batteries so far.

After one year on a battery, I notice the battery degradation already. Since I want the maximum battery performance possible, a new battery is quite useful.

And extended batteries with a larger back cover are very useful too. I prefer thicker phones for better comfort too. You can never have too long of a battery life.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Didn't have it for my 920 because 920 and my 830's battery life was great as it was.

Currently test driving a Palm Pre 2 right now, and I have three batteries. One came with the phone, one came with a previous broken Pre+, and one came from troubleshooting that one. The combination of poorer-than-usual battery life and batteries being ridiculously cheap means I can go ham.

Bittah Pupil

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
I bought an extra battery for my 640, which I bought used. The current battery drains fast so eventually I'll be using the replacement.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon