Monochrome Squares as Applet tiles in the app list?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I thought it was time for me to upgrade to Windows 10 on my Lumia 930.
Since I have updated I encountered several issues. Two of them are related to the app list. There are two system app tiles that only appear as colored squares with no pictures in them whatsoever. These are: Weather, and Groove.
They run otherwise, and also the tiles on the main screen are OK.
This only affects the app list.

Also in the app list I had a few apps that turned into "squares" (e.g.:Teamviewer) with the Windows 10 upgrade. The apps reinstalled themselves with normal tiles later, but the other, completely dead tiles and names of the same applications are still there, and cannot be removed.

Anyone has a queue?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I thought it was time for me to upgrade to Windows 10 on my Lumia 930.
Since I have updated I encountered several issues. Two of them are related to the app list. There are two system app tiles that only appear as colored squares with no pictures in them whatsoever. These are: Weather, and Groove.
They run otherwise, and also the tiles on the main screen are OK.
This only affects the app list.

Also in the app list I had a few apps that turned into "squares" (e.g.:Teamviewer) with the Windows 10 upgrade. The apps reinstalled themselves with normal tiles later, but the other, completely dead tiles and names of the same applications are still there, and cannot be removed.

Anyone has a queue?

the apps that are still in apps list and you can't remove them: install them again and then remove them. It worked for me when I had 2 dead apps that wouldn't uninstall

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

abiro

May 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi Chintan, I have tried your advice with Teamviewer, but did not work. In fact now I have not one, but two uninstalled app remains by the same name. :(
I joined windows central.

abiro

May 6, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, indeed. :(
An upgrade to Windows 10 means a complete system reset with all the apps reinstalled. I know there is a way to reset my phone from the Settings menu, but that would erase all my settings and contents AGAIN. I am trying to avoid that as long as it is possible.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon