640 and 950 are actually only slightly different in size!

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: 640 and 950 are actually slightly different in size!

Hey! Dont scrunch your nose at me little girl! I didnt say you werent cute. I said. Possibly feisty. Until proven otherwise. :p Hehe.

And I wouldnt count on that really. I've been on a run of the worst possible luck. For a very long time now. And especially much more pronounced these past few months. Remember those PMs. The very first few. :)

Hey. Church is important! ^_^ Faith, whatever it is you have it in, is always important. Its what makes the world go around, and keeps what little humanity we have left intact. In us. Because thats where the kind smiles, and lit eyes, for no real reason, come from. :) Whether its in your religion, in people, your work. Yourself. Its important. :) So make sure you do that first okay! :mad: >_<

But yeah. I am definitely not a morning person either. I am often a sleep at morning person. Never a morning person. But early mornings are really pretty. Especially the sunrise. And the air. Itself. It smells of the new day. :) And what do you mean out of the ordinary! O_O :O :O :O What were you even planning. *Runs away scared* Kidding. But lets wait and see for the morrow. We'll learn what the new normal is soon enough. ^_^

Very funny okay. Stop being such a mean tease. I take that back. You can totally tell me about things I cant see. Serious! :p :D

Small circles, and insular people. Eventually something's gotta give. Go bust. Anyways. :) And dating generally sucks. So does skirt chasing. Unless you're a certain brand of person called a boi. Starting with an F. That. Or a manhoe. In this case anyways. I dare'nt ever speak for the fairer gender though. Too risky scary, that. But I can totally understand the story of my life part of it. But anyways, promises and stories usually dont pan out. Past the honeymoon period. Seeeeee! Told you! Jaded bitter soul. You wouldnt believe me. :p

And well. Since you now you've told... But you do know what that last sentence you wrote in there means right? Think carefully! :D Bwahahahahaha! I feel so evil right now. For having found you out on that. :D :D :D :D :D But yeah, I did wonder for a long while though. Why does this person, who is obviously an old member. And very visible. Never have an avatar. Like. Not even a picture of a kitty. Then I figured. Eventually. :) ^~^

-- W

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site

And I think it is about time. Right. That we officially petition to rename this thread. Libra and Weren, or Weren and Libra's excuse of a 950/650 thread. Or Libra and Weren's Derail Thread. Or Pretend Rail Thread. Or some such thing already. Because this is practically a farce. We're running an underground aboveground thread of derail under the guise of talking about phone sizes. On that note. We do bring up a phone or two. Every ten posts or so. So I'm pretty sure still relevant.

-- W

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

First, I'm dead with the name suggestions, but agreed lol! Went for a dinner break of some pizza.

I do remember the PMs, yes but I'm still optimistically hoping for you to get a good break in there.

Haha, okay. I'll take that :)

I'll do that for sure. You are right though, I happen to really like my church anyway.

I love the "sleep at morning" comment, I'll take your word for it. Yep we will see for sure :)

Lol, okay. Going to keep that in mind. As for what I was going to say, I'm indifferent about butts, because I don't really notice them. Also I don't really have much of one.

Yeah or it can be an awesome circle for life! Not really life, but a good while. Oh goodness, don't remind me. I'll confess that I haven't dated seriously. I have had a few relationships but like seriously dating and hoping for the best from whoever you meet is kind of exhausting. Then again, I am kind of an oddball with that anyway. I still can't believe that you are a bitter soul, but okay. xd

LOL. You're half right. The other half is that I am indecisive about what to put. I'm weird about forums, but obviously for my other social medias, I have a picture of myself. My reasons are kind of layered, but it goes down to the fear of judgement essentially. Fear of being judged as a girl into tech, fear of being judged for my race, fear of being judged by my appearance, etc but really those three.

Last edited:

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

Greywolf, you old salt. That is a wonderful way of adding more usability to a device. I've seen your other posts pertaining to pen add-ons as well. And while the points you raise about the point offset and screen calibration are legitimate issues. It is more a point of contention with pen hardware than it is for the software/OS or screen tech of it. On your Iconia, btw I love that little baby device, you calibrate it and the OS compensates for the hardware offset in the cursor. Sadly, because our Lumias and WM10 is not inking ready yet, and the OS doesnt accommodate for pen input yet. You dont have the luxury of OS/software compensation for hardware pen/cursor offset just now. Come the RS2 update. I am hoping that it will be built into the phone by then, courtesy Microsoft's emphasis on Inking support of late, and the pending speculated launch of Surface(Rumor) phone.

If you've ever used the older windows tablets with wacom provided digitisers, you'll learn that there is always a certain degree of cursor offset left. No matter how much you calibrate it. And you learn to draw, paint, or take notes - however you use the medium - naturally compensating/accommodating for that hardware offset because of the difference b/w the digitser/s layer, screen, and the glass itself. Here. You have two/three layers instead of three/four though. So there is that, to give you a better deal between the cursor offset. Its only starting to get better of late now what with Wacom introducing their EMR tech, their Cintiq line of devices, Microsofts NTrig work, and the proliferation of bluetooth input styli/pen.

But given all that, the 950 is much better than the 640/640XL in terms of missed touches. I would vouch. Because I tend to get much more missed touches, maybe its those darned softkeys but who knows, than I ever did/do on either the ATIV SE, the Lumia 520, or the HTC 8X. It was something about the panels and digitisers they shipped. That was the first thing I noticed. Immediately. The first time I used the 640 too. So you will most probably have a much better experience on the 950. But Libra can be the judge of that here. Since I have never owned this device. :(
-- W

I enjoy the use of a pen on both my W3 and 640 XL, I am no artist and my hand writing/printing is about the level of your average 7 year old :smile:

I do think screen quality plays a roll here, and I will guess that the same pen on a Lumia 950 will be closer to my W3 then the 640 XL. I also think the code is in our phones now, just not switched on.....until connected to a larger screen via Continuum, as I have heard the draw function is in OneNote on Continuum but I can not confirm this as I do not have a dock or 950 XL as of yet.

Now not the same as Ink support, I can kind of Ink on my phone with the use of apps + screen cap much like I did with your post above on my 640 XL
( Underline done via on screen ruler+Pen in Notebook Pro )
Ink-1.jpg

My feeling is Microsoft is dragging their feet on this, and the only reason I can think of for such a delay is there must be a Surface Phone in the wings, and Ink is something they want to tie into it. Something they want to push in enterprise....but I am not an insider so this is just a gut feeling.

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site

Yeah, me too. Couldnt come up with a single decent name suggestions. I was half thinking of redacting all the lame names I came up with. Then I went all. Okay. Whatever. I came up with bad names. Might as well just own with it. But yeah. I fell asleep waiting. It was five-ish. In the AM. My four/five hours of sleep a day is still working out. Better than my 12 hours of sleep routine anyways. So there's that. :)

Well, I've given up on getting a break out of it. But lets leave that. I still do things like I have the absolute best run of golden luck. Even when I know otherwise. So I'm one of those stupid people.

And good! You better take it! ^_^ And its good that you like your Church. Being religious, about anything, is always a good thing to have in your life. :) Sunday already here though. :p But I know your free Sunday probably wont start until another half a day or so. After your morning and noon is past. :)

Hey! All butts are born equal! Dont discriminate against yours. >_< :mad: And all shapes are nice. :)

Dont worry, I am completely crap at making relationships work out over the long haul. I'm an exhausting person to be with/around. For the many number of substantiated or otherwise reasons. I dont do much by way of the hoping. Still go through the motions of it as if I do. So what can I say. Usually works out for the better for the other person though. After they're done. :) So hey, that dont remind me train works both ways yaknow. :p But yeah. A good person. Or few. For a good while. Without the emotional tax. That sounds nice. :) ^_^ And definitely bitter old soul. :p

Yeah, figured kind of as much. I suck at making decisions too. Is kind of a fact. And I usually dont care about putting up a picture. Of myself either way. I usually have something or the other up anyways eventually. But mostly not myself. But I just figured, heck whatever. This time. Doesnt really matter. Even if I'm not fond of my own pictures that is. :p I'm much more cautious about social medias though, but thats just my tin foil hat acting up I suppose.

But hey. You cant ever stop doing something just because you think the world is going to pass judgement on you. Because its going to do that anyways. So wear your badges proudly. Whether they be your race, gender. Appearance, interests. I get called out on race, religion, clothes, appearance, country, ethnicity, interests. Most everything I can think of. And most things that help make who I am. Doesnt mean I stop being them. Just one more thing to take in stride. Thats all. :) The world's not getting any kinder. But you can. :) ^_^

-- W

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site

Well you are right about that Grey. The feature has been written in across much of the Windows OS already. Its just they seem to be so stubborny fast about enabling support for it into their mobile OS. Only reason I can think of as well is also that they're saving up on it for their halo devices. Otherwise losing so much ground to Samsung/Android over something they can write in and enable so easily. And also you will have a much better time of it with the 950. So you can definitely rest assured about that. :)

And your handwriting recognition is down pretty pat. Actually. Only way you can have it any better than this is by having a device meant for pen and tablet input. I use mine for the occasional pretend art. So this is very good! :)

-- W

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Yeah, me too. Couldnt come up with a single decent name suggestions. I was half thinking of redacting all the lame names I came up with. Then I went all. Okay. Whatever. I came up with bad names. Might as well just own with it. But yeah. I fell asleep waiting. It was five-ish. In the AM. My four/five hours of sleep a day is still working out. Better than my 12 hours of sleep routine anyways. So there's that. :)

Well, I've given up on getting a break out of it. But lets leave that. I still do things like I have the absolute best run of golden luck. Even when I know otherwise. So I'm one of those stupid people.

And good! You better take it! ^_^ And its good that you like your Church. Being religious, about anything, is always a good thing to have in your life. :) Sunday already here though. :p But I know your free Sunday probably wont start until another half a day or so. After your morning and noon is past. :)

Hey! All butts are born equal! Dont discriminate against yours. >_< :mad: And all shapes are nice. :)

Dont worry, I am completely crap at making relationships work out over the long haul. I'm an exhausting person to be with/around. For the many number of substantiated or otherwise reasons. I dont do much by way of the hoping. Still go through the motions of it as if I do. So what can I say. Usually works out for the better for the other person though. After they're done. :) So hey, that dont remind me train works both ways yaknow. :p But yeah. A good person. Or few. For a good while. Without the emotional tax. That sounds nice. :) ^_^ And definitely bitter old soul. :p

Yeah, figured kind of as much. I suck at making decisions too. Is kind of a fact. And I usually dont care about putting up a picture. Of myself either way. I usually have something or the other up anyways eventually. But mostly not myself. But I just figured, heck whatever. This time. Doesnt really matter. Even if I'm not fond of my own pictures that is. :p I'm much more cautious about social medias though, but thats just my tin foil hat acting up I suppose.

But hey. You cant ever stop doing something just because you think the world is going to pass judgement on you. Because its going to do that anyways. So wear your badges proudly. Whether they be your race, gender. Appearance, interests. I get called out on race, religion, clothes, appearance, country, ethnicity, interests. Most everything I can think of. And most things that help make who I am. Doesnt mean I stop being them. Just one more thing to take in stride. Thats all. :) The world's not getting any kinder. But you can. :) ^_^

-- W
Aw okay, four hours of sleep sounds hard. If you say that it is better, I'm going to take your word for it.

I see. I still don't think you are stupid though. Every outcome is not always meant to be the same forever. :)

Yeah that's right. Because I'm so excitable (lol), I am typing this before I even go. It's 9am, need to get ready soonish. I'll need a better understanding of our time difference...for reference xd

Alright, if you say so xd

Aw okay. Sometimes it is possible that the right person hasn't come yet. I think it will come, don't know when though. Now I can say that I see the bitter old soul thing xd

Ohh okay. Noted. Well, it's a nice picture that you have here :)

That's true, you are right. That's a great way to look at it. I know that you are right but I'll rather not here. In a good amount of scenarios, I own it. I can imagine that you do, people suck a good amount of the time xd

Sent from mTalk

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site

Its okay. I make sure to manage to die somewhere in the middle of it all during the day anyways. Its good to die another day. Every day! ^_^

I count on my stupidity pretty much. To get me through the day. The day I choose to get some sense back in my head is the day I turn that switch off. And stop being me. And start being successful in life.

I know you are. I mean excitable. And typing this out first thing in the morning. Both. :p Hope you dont waste all your day on me instead of doing the things youre supposed to Libra. And lets see. How's about this. For timezones. And time differences. Turn back the hour hand by three hours on your clock. And flip the AM to PM. :) ^_^

I do say so! :mad: Hmph! And when enough right people pass through. You start looking for the left people. Because two lefts always makes a right. Or some such thing. But eventually, you realise that any person can be the right person. So its all just a whole load of talk. Really. But I see that now you see. Finally. :p

And thank you! ^~^ One of the few that I have. Even rarer because it has a suit in it. I'm not much of a big picture person. At all. Sad factoids. Me and pictures dont gel well together.

And hey, its alright. Its your choice anyways. And I can understand choosing not to. Especially with the amount of crap I get. Even here, back home for a lot of my lifestyle choices. And this is not even talking about the absolute sh*t that happens everytime I travel. I can understand the not doing it part. Its smarter that way anyways. :) ^_^

-- W

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Its okay. I make sure to manage to die somewhere in the middle of it all during the day anyways. Its good to die another day. Every day! ^_^

I count on my stupidity pretty much. To get me through the day. The day I choose to get some sense back in my head is the day I turn that switch off. And stop being me. And start being successful in life.

I know you are. I mean excitable. And typing this out first thing in the morning. Both. :p Hope you dont waste all your day on me instead of doing the things youre supposed to Libra. And lets see. How's about this. For timezones. And time differences. Turn back the hour hand by three hours on your clock. And flip the AM to PM. :) ^_^

I do say so! :mad: Hmph! And when enough right people pass through. You start looking for the left people. Because two lefts always makes a right. Or some such thing. But eventually, you realise that any person can be the right person. So its all just a whole load of talk. Really. But I see that now you see. Finally. :p

And thank you! ^~^ One of the few that I have. Even rarer because it has a suit in it. I'm not much of a big picture person. At all. Sad factoids. Me and pictures dont gel well together.

And hey, its alright. Its your choice anyways. And I can understand choosing not to. Especially with the amount of crap I get. Even here, back home for a lot of my lifestyle choices. And this is not even talking about the absolute sh*t that happens everytime I travel. I can understand the not doing it part. Its smarter that way anyways. :) ^_^

-- W

Okay, this is take 2 (lol). I typed most of my reply to this post before church on my phone but somehow I closed mTalk or something so all of my responses are gone (of course). I was so disappointed that this happened to me. Anyway, here goes.

Sleep is important. Hopefully you are getting okay sleep at least. If you say so xd

Wait, why can't you be both? I don't understand. Shouldn't it be possible to be both yourself and successful?

>.< At the time, I wanted to type that you wouldn't be interrupting much, but you know how the day went. That time difference explanation makes sense, thanks for that. Going to keep that in mind. Just in case, I added the time to my world clock on my phone. xd

That's a fair point. I think different people have different relationship/personal requirements that are important and need to be satisfied in order to be considered, beyond the whole "I like them and they are cute looking". Not like petty ones but things that might be big. Yep, I do. :eek:

You're welcome! :) Really? I would have never known. Guessing that you are more likely to prefer to be behind the lens, rather than in front. I say that based on what you mentioned about you and photography before.

Aw, I'm sure that you have reasons for your lifestyle choices. That sucks that you get crap for it though. As long as no one is out here asking why I'm not married yet, I'm good :p Luckily, I live in an area where it isn't shocking to be my age and not married. That's true, but now you know that about me, in this space xd

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site

Yeah, I do take 2's all the time. Because karma and luck, both dont like me very much. :( And yeah, sorry about the near permanent absence. I've been having one of my episodes. Again. Not too surprising. But still. I'm sorry. :( On that note, you shouldnt be worrying about sleep atleast. I've been going 16 hours a day pretty strong. :p And no, success doesnt mingle with that. There needs to be a certain unerring drive for that, the ability to step over things, and people. Doing things that dont necessarily always mix with the morality and ethics of who you are.But anyways, I digress.

And are you sure about keeping that time difference on your clock. You did warn yourself all on your own you know. :p And hey, you're not the only person who gets bothered about why there arent lots of little yous crawling around you know. :p But such is life. I'm not, however, too fond of people, or relationships for that matter. They're all pretty toxic anyways. Even the ones you want. :)

So brief. Wouldnt have expected that out of myself now. Would I. :/

-- W

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Haha @ the brief comment. Well, sometimes we can surprise ourselves :) For the record, I don't mind if you are brief or on the essays track. It's all good either way.

Aw okay. I appreciate the apology, thank you. Sorry to hear that you had an episode :( Whoa, 16 hours?! Do you ever like, actually crash? Haha yeah, that's true. I have experienced it, kind of, when I was in a relationship with a guy who was 6 hours back from me. That was SO fun and to add to that, I was in my senior year of university. That was interesting...

Ah I see. You would know. If you say so. I think I get where you are coming from though, I mean in a general sense.

Lol! I'm sure. I wouldn't do it if I wasn't :) It's helpful to me, especially with those awkward time breaks when it is noon/midnight on one side. How did I warn myself? :eek: Ohh, yeah the kid conversation. Not going to happen (more like I wish it wouldn't happen), but I do feel for you there. Noted, but you have to have some exceptions, right? Guessing you mean more like people in general.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

I can confirm screen quality plays a big role in this !!!! I was looking around for a back up phone, and saw Microsoft has the Lumia 650 reduced in price, so I figured go new for less then take a chance on used.

The 650 OLED has a far better feel with the Pen I use then the 640 XL LED, also by far much less off set to deal with !!!

The end result is also better !!!!!!!

wp_ss_20160819_0003[1].png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2