How do I add something to a group on the WP start screen?

Doctor_Who

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I've had a Windows Phone since WP 7. Love it. Yeah, I'm a die hard WP fan. I think it was with WP 8 or 8.1 where Microsoft introduced the idea of a group of items that you can put onto the WP start screen. Like similar apps (let's say weather apps) or websites that you pin to the start screen can be put into a group. Its a nice feature that I like a lot, but I do have one problem with it. Often when trying to add something new that I have on the start screen to a group its like a very irritating video game in which you try to move whatever on the screen into a goal, but that stupid goal always moves. I really HATE that, about WP. I've got a group on my Lumia 950 (running Windows 10 Mobile) that has just 2 websites I've pinned to my start screen, then put them together in this group. Now I want to add a third website that I've pinned to the start screen into that same group. I have tried for days to do it. WP refuses to allow me to add that third website tile to that group.

Why won't WP let me do that?

If it is possible, how in heck do you do that?

Rod

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I've had a Windows Phone since WP 7. Love it. Yeah, I'm a die hard WP fan. I think it was with WP 8 or 8.1 where Microsoft introduced the idea of a group of items that you can put onto the WP start screen. Like similar apps (let's say weather apps) or websites that you pin to the start screen can be put into a group. Its a nice feature that I like a lot, but I do have one problem with it. Often when trying to add something new that I have on the start screen to a group its like a very irritating video game in which you try to move whatever on the screen into a goal, but that stupid goal always moves. I really HATE that, about WP. I've got a group on my Lumia 950 (running Windows 10 Mobile) that has just 2 websites I've pinned to my start screen, then put them together in this group. Now I want to add a third website that I've pinned to the start screen into that same group. I have tried for days to do it. WP refuses to allow me to add that third website tile to that group.

Why won't WP let me do that?

If it is possible, how in heck do you do that?

Rod

You should be able to hold the tile and then drag it over the folder until it enters the folder.

extrikate

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried increasing the size of the tile? I have found that sometimes it is difficult to drop tiles into small tiles. Just increase the size, drop the new tile in, and reduce the tile again. Not sire if this will help but worth a try.

Doctor_Who

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
No I haven't tried resizing the group. Just have that a try. Unfortunately I found myself still trying to capture the group as it constantly moved away from me. ☹

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs