Is there a good google map app for windows phone.

wemo66

Apr 5, 2017
Visit site
I need it to truly reflect all of my google map data and if not how can I transfer my google map data to windows maps.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
What does truly reflect all of your Google data mean? I use gmaps ok... over the years I've slowly transferred my Google maps data to Here Maps and now windows maps

wemo66

Apr 5, 2017
Visit site
I have downloaded gmaps. I doesn't appear I can sign in using gmaps, therefore cannot see my locations on google map. This is what I was referring to when I mentioned "truly reflect all of my Google data".

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
yea it sucks, it used to with the old classic google map, had access to stuff like my maps and then it all changed when something at google changed.

For myself only, I've been updating my contacts addresses so that it carries with me with whatever contact system I transfer to...

in terms of saved maps for like vacation travel (I tend to do a lot of those) I don't tend to revisit the same places and when I do, I rebuild a new one, referencing the old google maps one.

I've been doing it over the past years though, so I don't know of a one shot solution if it exists at all.

wemo66

Apr 5, 2017
Visit site
Just curious what app or system for contacts do you use. I have been changing systems a lot, at least for me, the last few years and have been doing a lot of cleaning up of my contacts. By the way thank you for the advice.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
For contacts, I actually don't worry about it much anymore... not like way before when it was either on phone or sim card storage and if you did it on phone, then often times it was a long task to move it from phone to sim to put on your phone OR the new phone you bought didn't have all the same fields available!....

I bought a Nokia contacts manager way back before Nokia PC Suite was a thing.

I look for exportability and importability and with windows, I cared about it less because technologies like exchange servers, ical are all available to public now. People hub I can just link multiple sources together... I do try to keep outlook as the main constant though.

In my early days with wm8.0 I struggled with google contacts being quite a mess actually because they tried to do you a favour or something and build you a contact list. I spent quite an effort cleaning up that list since it seemed everyone I had every communicated with was a contact :)

But now, I'm in favour of a People hub interface where 3rd party can hook in to bring their contacts over and you can just link them together. With the way things are going, it feels like there will always be something available to consolidate your contacts wherever you need them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa