no first rate phone on Verizon and no updates from Microsoft

garyperria

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
Verizon doesn't offer a new upgraded phone since my Icon died there isn't any decent windows phones plus Microsoft no longer lets you update windows 10!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yep. Either you're going to have to switch carriers to get access to a more recent Windows Phone or switch platforms.

And since there's no sign of any meaningful development of W10M in the near future + no sign of any new phone, let alone one that's VZW compatible, I think the question becomes whether to jump to a different platform now or later.

Of course, there's nothing stopping you from grabbing a used Icon or anything. I have some old phones on old OSes that'll still work fine (Well, for the basics at least) if I wanted to use them.

fnsrgt

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
So frustrated with Verizon! My 822 unfortunately died this week. The tech team were great to work with on the phone and service to get my insurance replacement LG Lancet. However, I received it yesterday and it is horrible. What a down grade from my 4 year old 822. I called my local Verizon store to check on the availability of a735 and the salesperson was so rude to me, not wanting to work with me and determining me to purchase a Microsoft product. Going in today and going to try to keep my cool. I have been a customer with Verizon since the 90's but since the 735 is the last Windows phone they will carry, I will switch if they don't have a high end phone going forward. I was REALLY hoping that my 822 would make it until the Surface phone was released. I was told that AT&T would carry it. So frustrated, why did Verizon only carry the low end? Seen to make sense to me that they carry one or two high end for the true users. The low end will not win or excite anyone!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes