iPhone to block incoming texts while driving.

Ray Picone

Feb 7, 2017
Visit site
so Windows phone has had that feature for a while and it replies with a message that you are driving or you can have the text message read to you and you have the option to reply back by voice

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
The messed up part is with Windows BB or Android it is voluntarily turned off. My suspicion is iOS won't allow the user to toggle it off even if they wanted. Maybe not until the consumers complain enough, then Apple might lighten it up a little. Because we all know Apple knows better than you when your stuck in an emergency situation...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Hey I've got an idea. How about we just wait until we get somewhere safe and reply. There are no such things as "emergencies" that require us to immediately reply to a text. If it really is an emergency, dial 911.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
To minimize distraction, you don't have to worry about the temptation of looking at that latest blip if you don't know it's there.

Oh, so its like snapchat. It operates as willpower for people that have none. Makes sense.

Still if ios can read the text out, like windows10m can, then you don't need to look at the latest blip, or take your eyes off the road.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Hey I've got an idea. How about we just wait until we get somewhere safe and reply. There are no such things as "emergencies" that require us to immediately reply to a text. If it really is an emergency, dial 911.
Ehh it was a mood point to try to figure out what Apple is really trying to accomplish by controlling that...I suppose it was a bad example.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes