I'm sure this has been discussed but I can't help recommending Launcher 10 in Android as THE BEST alternative to a true windows phone. In fact it's 10 times better since you get all of the benefits of Android with a virtually true windows experience. I love windows phones but I wish I hadn't held on for so long struggling against the current. Was so obvious when they just gave up supporting their own OS.
    Attached Thumbnails 29557.jpg  
    jeffchapik likes this.
    07-26-2019 09:43 AM
    Nice set up. Question: you posted in the introduction forum. Did you mean to post this elsewhere?
    07-26-2019 11:03 AM
    I'm sure this has been discussed but I can't help recommending Launcher 10 in Android as THE BEST alternative to a true windows phone. In fact it's 10 times better since you get all of the benefits of Android with a virtually true windows experience. I love windows phones but I wish I hadn't held on for so long struggling against the current. Was so obvious when they just gave up supporting their own OS.
    I've used it myself and it's not really that good unless they have figured out minute to minute tile updates for clock tiles, push support for emails as well as showing an brief email summary and showing calendar appointments.

If however you want some nostalgia and can't bear to looking at a grid of icons or widgets, it's a decent launcher.

Also I've moved the thread to the appropriate section.
    07-26-2019 05:07 PM
    Yes needs a couple tweaks but for everyday use is a nice alternative to boring Android and iPhone screens. At least has the live tile effect and pleasant interface. The alternatives as I see them are Android, the dead OS of Windows or iPhone. This at least gives you a nice hybrid with all the best of both Android and windows. My opinion is all.
    07-26-2019 08:59 PM
    I went a different direction on my nokia 8.1. I did try Launcher10 but gave up, cos it takes too much time fine tuning it to look like W10.
    Ended up with Niagara. Keeping it simple & minimal. Disabled nearly all notifications and fussy things

MSFTisMIA likes this.
    07-27-2019 10:52 AM
    I'm still using a 950XL daily and will until the end. But, I have been playing around with Launcher 10 on my V20 and have to say it's better than Square Home 2 IMO. With Whicons, you can get pretty close to W10M with Launcher 10. However, the live tiles are horrible compared to W10M.
    07-27-2019 03:25 PM