Just picked up an Asus t100t

balama

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
picked up an ASUS T100T this weekend from Walmart (Amazon won't ship to Hawaii)
Impressed with the hardware so far

Purpose for the acquisition was an up coming business trip next week where I will put it through the test.
Real purpose was to get a full windows 8.1 device that I could load Cisco's ConnectAnywhere VPN client so I can VPN into my work computer while on the road.
I was a Surface RT owner since day one pre-ordering it from Microsoft and have been waiting since then for a Cisco compliant VPN client.

I also like the built in keyboard form factor and battery life (11 hrs? we'll see on my 10 hr flight to Atlanta)

The 64 Gig was $379 which was not bad considering the price for a 32G at Best Buy.
I also considered the Dell Venue 8 Pro at $279 but it doesn't have a keyboard
The Nokia device at Verizon is nice but its $499 and is still RT based

We'll see how the new bay trail holds up against the surface and my old tried and true Toshiba 13" Portege 740 which is only a couple pounds heavier than the ASUS.

With a 64G micro SD I should get a 128GB semi ultrabook convertible at 1/4-1/3 the price and the USB 3.0 allows me to hook up my 1TB portable hard drive as needed
I hope the micro HDMI port works better than the surface which I've never gotten to work on any hotel big screen TV.

updates to be posted..
if the prices drop even lower for xmas its definitely a good buy

Insti Gator

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Awesome! Love hearing how successful the new Intel chips are!

However they are still a far cry for me from considering them to be, "semi ultrabook" - I think tablet suits it just fine ��

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon