Tablet ideas

yeoldgreat1

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to the Gadget Show Live next week (basically a budget CES in the UK Gadget Show Live 2015 - Home) and I'm planning on getting a new windows tablet. My budget will be around ?150-200 and I was wondering if any of you had any recommendations on what to look out for? It'll mainly be used for basic web browsing, office stuff, casual gaming, etc. A higher res screen wild be nice to watch movies on but not essential.
I'm hoping that there will be good deals at the show but I've read that you can usually get better deals online like amazon. However, out will be good to get some hands on time with some.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Woops, guess this was overlooked a while back!

I think most any tablet in the price range will work. Although I'm thinking that event passed already, heh.
I think one of Dell's or ASUS's options will work, depending what you want in terms of the smaller hardware features.

sd4f

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
A tablet that I've been really interested in is the thinkpad 8.

It seems to have most of the features you've described, but one thing that's really putting me off is that in my region, the only offer a version with 2gb ram. That's not enough, some phones are doing better, and if it's going to run full windows, it's going to need at least 4gb.

I'm hoping that with windows 10, as there currently is the new atom chips, there might be renewed models in the 8 inch tablet sector, as that's all I'm after at this stage. The current crop, mostly have the same specs, which are very limiting in other aspects.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar