How to share a large video on Windows Phone?

Skulls138

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
I recorded a few videos on my 1520, some of them being around 5GB during my trip to NY. I wanted to send them to someone, but my computer won't let me transfer them on my phone. OneDrive says they're too big to upload. Unzip didn't work. Any help? Thanks!

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
If I'm correct, his phone won't copy the file to the PC, which is quite the dilemma.

The problem may be that the free space is less than the file size of the video. In your case, you may as well try clearing enough space for it to copy.

You may also try Bluetooth, but I doubt it'd work. That aside, I don't think any file hosts allow uploading files of that size.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
If you use windows explore on your pc to copy large files you need to give it some time. Between the copy and past command.
What you also could try is, if your video's are stored on your SD card, get the SD card out and place it in your PC. An advantage of this method is that the copying will go much faster.

Good luck.

If you want to copy a large (>4GB ) file from your PC to the SD card in your phone and you get an "error" message then this may be due to the fact that your SD card is formatted as FAT32. Andon FAT32 the max fule suze is 4GB. So in this case you need to format your SD card to eXFAT (on your PC) because eXFAT does not have this file size limitation.

Good luck.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I don't really understand the question, just remember that FAT32 has a file size limit of 4gb. So if you want to transfer them to different hard drive, make sure ita formated as ntfs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes