Is there a way to build a playlist with the desktop app?

lee.eubanks

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
Building playlists on my 8x song by song is just insane. Who designed this? There has to be an easier way, and I just don't know about it.

lee.eubanks

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
I mean the desktop app where I can sync photos, music, etc. It would be really nice to be able to create a playlist in a drag and drop manner on the desktop.

DaveSC

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
This is one of the primary reasons that I switched back to spotify. I like xbox music but it's cumbersome and hard to manage.

Ideally you want to be able to have exactly the same experience on your windows desktop as you do on your phone. For me that means tossing some songs in a playlist from my desktop, grabbing my phone and heading out the door, plugging my phone into the car and listening to the playlist that I just created on my pc. Then later that day when I hear a song I like on my phone I want to simply toss that in a playlist and listen to it at my pc when I get back to the office/home.

These are things that work well in other music players but in xbox music you are forced to micromanage everything on multiple devices. I like xbox music and I hope they start paying attention to this kind of stuff in the future because right now the product feels like it was rushed to market without thinking about basic functionality. Playing music on my xbox is cool and everything but that's not where I listen to music.

lee.eubanks

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
Holy ****. That's terrible. I got a one year free subscription, but I will peacing out of the Xbox music world and back to spotify premium. Microsoft really screwed the pooch on this one. What a terrible user experience. I can't imagine who the UX person was on the Xbox Music project, but whoever it is should be fired.

Here's how to do it from the phone. It's not a simple process.

Create a playlist | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

EvilHomer3k

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
The playlist editing/creation process is horrible. I looked in the app store for a playlist manager and found several that create lists and manage them fairly well but you can only play the playlist from within the app. Anyone know of an app that works?

In the marketplace you can view other people's playlists and you can download songs from that list. You can't download the entire playlist, though. Why not allow you do DL the list and have it make a playlist for you.

Overall, it is a bad experience and should have been rectified years ago. It wasn't great with windows 7 but at least I could use the Zune software and it was fairly easy to sync songs and playlists. Is there any way to manage music downloads and songs through Windows 7?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital