Forget XBOX Music for now...use Windows Media Player

Rick Sheeley

May 21, 2013
Visit site
There are so many issues with XBox music, who knows when it will get fixed. MS is so busy with Windows 8.1 (Blue) that I doubt much will get addressed this year; and Zune won't work with our phones.

But there is an alternative besides the Windows 7/8 Phone App.... good old Windows Media Player.

WMP will allow you to organize your music and sync it to your SD card and /or other music players. Most poeple don't know that WMP is the base engine for WIndows Media Center and for Zune.

It's also really simple to use, If you are already using Zune, just open up Windows Media Player (W7 - Start type Media Player in search box W8 - Start just type Media Player) and all your music will show up just like in Zune. If your phone is plugged in, just click the Synch tab and drag the albums/artist/songs/videos you want to add to you phone and Choose "start synch" - WMP is smart enough to only add new or updated items.

Yes, it's ugly and very old school.... BUT IT WORKS!! :smile::smile:

Attachments

• WMP.jpg
    WMP.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 8

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Ijust synced 5000+ songs with the modernUI windows 8 app. No issues here.
Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Board Express

glow84

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
There are so many issues with XBox music, who knows when it will get fixed. MS is so busy with Windows 8.1 (Blue) that I doubt much will get addressed this year; and Zune won't work with our phones.

But there is an alternative besides the Windows 7/8 Phone App.... good old Windows Media Player.

WMP will allow you to organize your music and sync it to your SD card and /or other music players. Most poeple don't know that WMP is the base engine for WIndows Media Center and for Zune.

It's also really simple to use, If you are already using Zune, just open up Windows Media Player (W7 - Start type Media Player in search box W8 - Start just type Media Player) and all your music will show up just like in Zune. If your phone is plugged in, just click the Synch tab and drag the albums/artist/songs/videos you want to add to you phone and Choose "start synch" - WMP is smart enough to only add new or updated items.

Yes, it's ugly and very old school.... BUT IT WORKS!! :smile::smile:

I noticed this works sometimes, after you sync and come back another day to add more, sometimes it hangs. Stays on syncing for hours and doesn't do anything. Really miss Zune on 900.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I have been "waiting" for the "fix" and meanwhile reading many conflicting and incomplete posts on this topic. So far, I have just lived with the huge mess MS made by breaking the connection between the ZUNE PC software and Windows Phone 8.

Just wondering, does the solution you suggest:
- allow for the successful syncing of Xbox Music Pass (formally ZUNE Music Pass) music (DRM) in addition to the non DRM music that you own?
- clean up the multiple song listings on the phone?
- allow you to make, edit, and sync play lists so they are the same on the phone and on as my Zune PC Software? (Which I use all the time!)
- fix the album art on the phone?
- allow you to replace on the phone SD card, the DRM music with the copies you own?
- Does it work with videos, photos, and podcasts?
(Did I list all the issues that MS broke by eliminating the sync with ZUNE PC software?)

Thank you.

Last edited:

glow84

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I have been "waiting" for the "fix" and meanwhile reading many conflicting and incomplete posts on this topic. So far, I have just lived with the huge mess MS made by breaking the connection between the ZUNE PC software and Windows Phone 8.

Just wondering, does the solution you suggest:
- allow for the successful syncing of Xbox Music Pass (formally ZUNE Music Pass) music (DRM) in addition to the non DRM music that you own?
- clean up the multiple song listings on the phone?
- allow you to make, edit, and sync play lists so they are the same on the phone and on as my Zune PC Software? (Which I use all the time!)
- fix the album art on the phone?
- allow you to replace on the phone SD card, the DRM music with the copies you own?
- Does it work with videos, photos, and podcasts?
(Did I lists all the issues that MS broke by eliminating the sync with ZUNE PC software?)

Thank you.
Lol, i couldn't have said iit better my self.

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I do believe they're doing a complete redesign of Xbox Music, it was mentioned in the Windows Weekly Podcast last week, it's also been written about.

Quite frankly, it's so bad it needs it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon