Can now sync playlists

GCrane1982

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else now seeing their Xbox Music playlist syncing to the Music+Video hub on WP8?

I have a Nokia Lumia 920 (running Amber with GDR3 developer preview) and after factory resetting my phone I went into the Music+Video hub to download some music and I noticed my gym playlist sitting there. Out of curiosity I went onto my SurfaceRT and created a new playlist and within a few seconds it popped up in the playlist list on my Lumia 920.

Is this new or have playlist always been synced?

Last edited:

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else now seeing their Xbox Music playlist syncing to the Music+Video hub on WP8?

I have a Nokia Lumia 920 (running Amber with GDR3 developer preview) and after factory resetting my phone I went into the Music+Video hub to download some music and I noticed my gym playlist sitting there. Out of curiosity I went onto my SurfaceRT and created a new playlist and within a few seconds it popped up in the playlist list on my Lumia 920.

Is this new or have playlist always been synced?

As long as I've used it, it has done that... But I am new to using playlists in general and I heard someone else complaining on a deals site about how playlists were broken so maybe it is newer?

I have only created playlists on my Xbox One and they pull into our laptop, phone, and tablet. Hooray for the cloud!

Henry Lolsen

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Yes, everything you add to the cloud (playlists, artists, songs etc...) appears in the Music+Videos App (as long as the corresponding option is enabled in the settings), but unfortunately there is no way to download a playlist making it available offline (on the contrary in my case I have to set the playlist to "available offline" on my Nexus 4 to be able to stream them on my Lumia...). The dedicated Xbox Music offers this feature, which ironically fails to sync anything but your radio entries (at least on my Lumia 820).

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I tested this out some more over the weekend. I was listing to music on my Xbox one, while reading a set list on my Surface and finding/adding new songs via my Nokia 920.

1) Damn...I sound WAAAY more ingrained in to the ecosystem then I have in the past, haha
2) I would have to back out of the Xbox Music playlist on the One to get it to notice I was adding songs, but as soon as I would back out to the main screen (while the music was still playing) then enter BACK into the 'playlist' section, everything would update and it could see my new entries IMMEDIATELY.

It would not let me stream music on my 920 and my One at the same time though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon