Waiting for WP Xbox Music App update!!

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Live tiles yeah boyeeeeee. Now I need Recently added' and the app is good to go except for a few tweaks imo.

As the poster above me said the artist photo doesn't show on the live tile and I have 8.1 update one.

odoggyfresh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
for those having trouble with the artists showing up on the Lock Screen, try turning the setting off and then back on again. It seems my device setting needed to be refreshed, and is now displaying correctly.

xratola

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Clarification:
It seems that both live tile and artist image work only with streaming music. Music bought from places different than Xbox music is currently not supported.

iamakii

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Next update should bring more functionality. I want to be able to see my favorites, top played tracks, etc. MS can implement those, bring a drop down menu where recent play is. 👍

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Since the app is now fast enough to use, I've been back to using my phone. The sad truth is that this app while playing music and doing things is still sluggish and terrible. I'll still use it, but they really need to get this fixed!

I also wish there was better shuffle settings. It's always on whatever it was last. When I hit a tile on the start screen to play an album, I almost always want it to play from start to finish with no shuffling. But when I tap an artist tile, I almost always want that artist's songs shuffled. It seems pretty logical that most people would like the same settings. And they shouldn't force it, just make it a setting that could be on or off. I've never understood how simple apps have a ton of settings but xbox music always has only had one setting.

iamakii

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Since the app is now fast enough to use, I've been back to using my phone. The sad truth is that this app while playing music and doing things is still sluggish and terrible. I'll still use it, but they really need to get this fixed!

I also wish there was better shuffle settings. It's always on whatever it was last. When I hit a tile on the start screen to play an album, I almost always want it to play from start to finish with no shuffling. But when I tap an artist tile, I almost always want that artist's songs shuffled. It seems pretty logical that most people would like the same settings. And they shouldn't force it, just make it a setting that could be on or off. I've never understood how simple apps have a ton of settings but xbox music always has only had one setting.

Agree, I still get that blank/ black screen of death or whatever you call it, though less frequent now. App loading still takes time when resuming.

Anshuman Bhadauria

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I would like to know which class of SD card you guys are using to store your music! I am using class 4 SD card in my HTC 8s and it takes a bit time to load my collection (1206 songs). Though it loads perfectly when I open it in music hub tile. Does class 10 works differently for anyone??

K_Arora5

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Btw how to embed artist artwork to your collection. The mpa tool worked fine earlier. Is there any software that can be used on PC to attach album artist backgrounds.

loofmodnar

Dec 14, 2010
www.loofmodnar.com
I would like to know which class of SD card you guys are using to store your music! I am using class 4 SD card in my HTC 8s and it takes a bit time to load my collection (1206 songs). Though it loads perfectly when I open it in music hub tile. Does class 10 works differently for anyone??

I'm using a mostly full SanDisk Ultra 64 GB Class 10 and loading the artists is nearly instant. Other areas of the app take a second or 2 to load up but it's not unbearably slow like before.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon