Waiting for WP Xbox Music App update!!

Simon Gregory

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I am not going to make friends saying this..but if you use you WP for a lot of music, especially local music stored on your phone or sd card, just cut the cord and dump WP. Seriously, this is just ridiculous how antiquated the xbox music app is. I had enough and got a Galaxy 5. The 3 standard music apps that came with the Galaxy 5- Google Music, Amazon Music and the basic Samsung Music app are all years ahead of Xbox Music and most third party music apps in the Windows Store. Music shows up in the apps right away when you add it, they all display album art correctly, and all 3 have user interfaces that are quick and easy. If you are a big music fan, I would seriously consider an Android phone- I put up with WP for 4 years and can't believe I made myself suffer for so long.

Some of you may be interested in my uservoice suggestion on music management and the sync experience.

http://xboxmusic.uservoice.com/foru...4685-fix-sync-experience-it-needs-an-overhaul

It's been bad since they replaced Zune in WP8 and we deserve better by now. In fact we've been repeatedly promised it will be sorted and so far . . . Nothing.

Simon Gregory

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
They might be holding off new features for Win10 release. Such as cloud locker.
I hope you're right, but I've heard the same thing at every update milestone since WP8, and every time it's got worse, not better :(.
If it does get sorted for W10, then that'll be three years to sort out the damage they caused. Amazing really.

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Seems they have given up.

I really doubt it. Not sure where the app is developed but if its in America odds are the team is on vacation right now. They actually took the app and did tons of updates and actually made it usable. Calm down and just enjoyed what you have for now.

F3rzz

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Today's the day, right? RIGHT?! it must be... please.

PS: is it holiday today too in the states??

Edit: opps... i misread the date on kevC4D post, seems (faster) todays is no-work day... F.ourLife

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I really doubt it. Not sure where the app is developed but if its in America odds are the team is on vacation right now. They actually took the app and did tons of updates and actually made it usable. Calm down and just enjoyed what you have for now.

Enjoy the constant crashing, missing album artwork, incorrect reading of ID3 tags, and overall slow performance? No thanks. There are still many of us that have legitimate issues with the Xbox Music app. I'm even able to reproduce my issues on at least 3 different devices.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

You really can't enjoy something unusable. You might not have problems but a lot of us still think the app is useless.

It doesn't refresh music, it doesn't read my play list, it crashes and it's slow af. While the music hub tile works great, I am still baffled as to how Xbox Music downgraded instead of having an upgrade.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App for Android!

kamikaze80

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
of course they have. why expend time and energy fixing the broken xbox music in 8.1 when windows 10 is right around the corner?

thing is, we all know that xbox music (or whatever they decide to re-brand it) will be even worse in W10, because it has gotten progressively worse from WP7 to WP8 to WP8.1.

knuckles245

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I use MediaMonkey to tag my music properly, and to ensure it removes any file editing restrictions. Once I am done with MediaMonkey, I use Windows Media Player to smooth any rough edges MediaMonkey couldn't, make playlist, sync it all onto my Lumia 925, and everything is tagged/synced without any issues.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I use MediaMonkey to tag my music properly, and to ensure it removes any file editing restrictions. Once I am done with MediaMonkey, I use Windows Media Player to smooth any rough edges MediaMonkey couldn't, make playlist, sync it all onto my Lumia 925, and everything is tagged/synced without any issues.

Thank you for explaining how you process your music. Wow, that is alot of work. How much of your time does it take? Do you enjoy it, as a hobby?

knuckles245

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for explaining how you process your music. Wow, that is alot of work. How much of your time does it take? Do you enjoy it, as a hobby?

It actually isn't alot of work, sounds like it is, but it's not. The time it takes to tag any new music I get is minimal. I actually enjoy photography as a hobby. I like being helpful, sharing amongst others who share as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon