I've had a Windows 7 phone and used Zune music on it. Loved how I could easily add music to my collection on my PC, then choose which things I wanted on my phone. I now have a Nokia Icon with W8. I can't figure out how to get music onto my phone, except by directly downloading it there from the store. (I have a music pass.) I know the Zune music site doesn't work for W8. Is there a connection between my PC (Windows 7) list and my phone and a way to see which things in my PC Xbox music collection are on my phone? Does this have something to do with the cloud (which I don't understand)? Why isn't this easier???? They're both Microsoft!
    07-22-2014 04:13 PM
    with WP8, you can connect directly to the computer and browse files and folders on it. That's what I do. Just copy and paste. Are you trying to copy from your old WP7 to your WP8?
    07-22-2014 07:00 PM
    There is a window that pops up when you connect your phone via USB, pointing you to a download of Windows Phone App for Desktop which runs on Windows 7.

Also, as asphalt.. says, when you connect through USB, you can open Windows Explorer and see your phone listed as a folder, and you can click and see the Music subfolder. You can copy and paste and also drag and drop to this folder. This Windows Explorer method, however, will not copy your protected Music Pass music. You can right-click on the column headings of the Explorer screen to add a Protected column if you don't see one. You can then sort your music by Protected, select all unprotected tracks, then drag and drop all your non-protected music.
    Last edited by RTGent; 07-23-2014 at 12:50 PM.
    07-23-2014 09:58 AM