Xbox music - pre-owned music, are they uploaded or someting like that?

aldaq

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I was thinking about signing the xbox music pass, but I have a few doubts.

As I was looking for other similar services (iTunes Match, Spotify, ..... ) i found that iTunes uploads your pre-owned songs to the cloud and lets you hear them every where. My question is, does xbox music do the same? What happens to my pre-owned songs? what happens to the songs I owned before signing the service?

unnatixlr8

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I think you can. From Windows 8.1 music app you can actually sync your collection to cloud. But you can only listen to it if you are a xbox music subscriber.
Though I would like some expert advice on this. Other members who have a thought on this please clarify.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Be very careful, honestly think before you jump:

I have a music pass, it's great, I have tested what's available with some very obscure artists, albums songs and it hasn't let me down, I am going to get my wife a pass for her birthday.

Think of artist, on your PC or phone search, choose album and add to collection, the album downloads to your PC, it also adds to your collection on any other device, so in my case my Surface, with one more click I can download the same album to my phone, and it's also listed on my Xbox One. I no longer have to spend many hours in second hand CD shops trying to find the stuff I am interested in.

BUT, it's important that you do a bit of thinking and homework before you touch your settings.

For example if you have any Led Zeppelin albums (And most people of taste do) if you sync your local music to the cloud, you in effect end up with one track not 8 albums (I don't count Coda) as Led Zep do not allow the downloading of songs unless you buy them on services like Xbox Music. It also seems to cause issues with other artists so on most of the Faces albums the main single will be missing, and it seems it can also cause album art issues.

I did a post on this about a month ago, I will find it and put a link up.

Xbox Music pass, great, syncing your local music with the cloud, not a good idea.

Bob

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Here you go:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/xbox-music/307766-do-i-need-music-pass-streeming.html

I don't know what devices you have, I have a 1520, Surface Pro, Laptop, desktop and Xbox One, your music pass is good for 4 downloadable devices, as the Xbox One doesn't download it doesn't count so all my devices work with the pass.

I have copied all my local music to each device, get all of that sorted then take out the pass, then any album you add to your collection will show up along with all your local music, but you can easily find out what is the music you have gained by the pass by setting it to show your cloud music.

As mentioned I am more than happy with the value of the pass.

Bob

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes