Is Xbox Music on WP really this bad?

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I have 2344 songs in mine, about 1700 are local music, the rest added to my collection via my music pass, but because I am into some weird music a lot of my songs are a bit longer than three minutes, I think Suppers Ready by Genesis at 23 minutes and 4 seconds is the longest song.

Bob

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I quite like xbox music on WP, does everything I need from it, plays local music and music downloaded from music pass, thats all I need on my phone, load app, start music and listen
my only issue is it's stopped syncing with the cloud, not sure if this was the latest update or the fact I am on the DP

xbox music on desktop though is pretty poor for me, need more music management options and the cloud matching fixed (I have matching off now because it constantly matches to wrong albums or screws up double albums)

xbox music on WP = thumbs up for me
xbox music on desktop = thumbs down
There is an option in the settings that activates cloud syncing. Also make sure the background task for XBOX Music is on.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
There is an option in the settings that activates cloud syncing. Also make sure the background task for XBOX Music is on.

Which is the very setting that mucks up so many people experience of Xbox Music, only turn this on if you have thought through the consequences.

Bob

Jakez98

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
runs very fast on my 930, around 3-4 seconds to open up and start getting into music, my playlists all work fine on desktop, phone and xbox. All over i love the radio feature and the videos coming up when available. Having seen this from birth what is there now is a good solution but it still grows and updates often so it is also constantly getting better.

Take a look at Zune on Windows Phone 7.5 back in 2011. This is what we call "runs very fast". Voice-Activated Music + Video Hub on Windows Phone 7.5 - YouTube

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, I've seen alot of comments about how poor Xbox music is on windows phone, and I have experienced some minor glitches as well. However I have to say that for the most part it has worked very well for me. And that is across my desktop, laptop, surface, iPhone and Lumia.

However - I do not use previously ripped tracks at all anymore - in fact since I have moved completely away from the iTunes store I do not purchase music anymore, don't have to manage all the files on all my devices and even archived all of my old mp3's.

I am totally using xbm as a streaming service and have to say I love it as such, I have had no problems with play lists - I can be in any one of my devices, add music and it is available right away on any of my other devices.

Long story short as a Streaming Service I have really grown to appreciate it.

This is really the only way to use the service with no issues. Xbox Music does not like existing collections one bit.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
No problems here with Xbox music. All my music comes from my collection.
All goes through my mp3 tagger and a separate program to embed the album art.
A folder of playlists on the start screen.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
This isn't the case, as said my collection is two thirds local music, just don't turn on match my local music to the cloud until you are sure of the ramifications.

Bob

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I must be doing it wrong. I have NO issues at all with Xbox Music now. Yes it was clunky for a month or two but that's it. Yes it isn't as pretty looking as Zune or previous Xbox implementation but it isn't bad. I won't be gladly shelling out money for 3 Xbox Music passes in the household if that was the case. I have all my playlists - not a single one corrupted on my Surface, PC and WP that I use daily at work, home and for commute. I am constantly adding things and removing them - they sync as soon as I pick up my next device.

What am I doing wrong here folks?

Stephen Pedersen

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Besides the persistent duplication problem that Microsoft is incompetent in fixing, how it's not compatible with audio books, and searching for good new music that isn't mainstream is impossible, besides that it's okay. One last gripe is that when I pres play and it goes to the screen with the giant album artwork where you can only see that song and the next one, that screen is annoying. Let me stroll through all the tracks, don't just limit it to two with giant redundant album artwork

corey_blackstock

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
After living with the cracking sound since April, I'm very sure the problem is now gone and yeah, thru the audio output.. no more cracking sound on the Xbox Music and when fast-forwarding video..

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Besides the persistent duplication problem that Microsoft is incompetent in fixing, how it's not compatible with audio books, and searching for good new music that isn't mainstream is impossible, besides that it's okay. One last gripe is that when I pres play and it goes to the screen with the giant album artwork where you can only see that song and the next one, that screen is annoying. Let me stroll through all the tracks, don't just limit it to two with giant redundant album artwork

On that screen, on bottom right corner, hit the symbol with 3 dots and 3 lines. That is list of everything that is being played. If it is album, it will list stuff in album.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes it is bad it has resuming issues am on cyan still it resuming takes time.are there any good music player without resuming and runs in background.
From Windows phone

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I must be doing it wrong. I have NO issues at all with Xbox Music now. Yes it was clunky for a month or two but that's it. Yes it isn't as pretty looking as Zune or previous Xbox implementation but it isn't bad. I won't be gladly shelling out money for 3 Xbox Music passes in the household if that was the case. I have all my playlists - not a single one corrupted on my Surface, PC and WP that I use daily at work, home and for commute. I am constantly adding things and removing them - they sync as soon as I pick up my next device.

What am I doing wrong here folks?

Do you have cloud matching of local items turned on ?
That's seems to be a big one that messes things up

Apart from that my experience was the same until the last update, my phone now refuses to sync (PC & Website both show same info, but not phone)

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Do you have cloud matching of local items turned on ?
That's seems to be a big one that messes things up

Apart from that my experience was the same until the last update, my phone now refuses to sync (PC & Website both show same info, but not phone)

Just checked - turned off on all my PCs, laptops and tablets. Can't find it on my phone.

Alan C2

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
How do you even get Xbox music on your pc? All I have seen is the website and someone on answers microsoft said it detects songs on your computer?
Are they talking about the website or a computer app?

I have tried to download it but it asks for a family account and to add a kid, none of which i want to mess with.

I am using desktop app and windows media player to sync files and I'm getting duplicates like crazy which is horrible.

I can only get playlists if i use Windows Media player but then if i use the desktop app again it wipes out the playlists or duplicates them with 0 entries.

Its an absolute nightmare. IS ANYBODY WHO IS IN CHARGE OF WINDOWS PHONE DEVELOPMENT LISTENING??????

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
How do you even get Xbox music on your pc?
??

I use the ZUNE desktop PC media player software on my Windows 8.1 computers without any problems. It is still available as a free download from Microsoft. It is amazing software. When you log into your Xbox Music (formerly ZUNE account) the ZUNE software connects and your music, movies, ... are available for your enjoyment. There are curated playlists. Podcasts and auto download too. Great animated visuals. It is the best media software Microsoft has ever made.

It does not sync directly with Windows Phone 8 +. But playlists selected on the ZUNE PC player, show up on your Windows Phone.

Best Wishes.

dpaynewp

May 28, 2014
Visit site
How do you even get Xbox music on your pc? All I have seen is the website and someone on answers microsoft said it detects songs on your computer?
Are they talking about the website or a computer app?

I have tried to download it but it asks for a family account and to add a kid, none of which i want to mess with.

I am using desktop app and windows media player to sync files and I'm getting duplicates like crazy which is horrible.

I can only get playlists if i use Windows Media player but then if i use the desktop app again it wipes out the playlists or duplicates them with 0 entries.

Its an absolute nightmare. IS ANYBODY WHO IS IN CHARGE OF WINDOWS PHONE DEVELOPMENT LISTENING??????

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon