So I've been using Xbox music on 8.1 since it came out and it's always been usable, but for some reason now, when I go into an artist (I'll use the artist St. Vincent as an example) like St. Vincent and I hit the arrow down button for their discography in the music store, it shows all of their albums, but when I click on any of them the tracklist won't appear. Simultaneously, if I just click on the artwork to play the entire album, it takes me back to the music home screen and doesn't play a single song. Anyone else experiencing these problems? Is there any way for me to uninstall the last update and reinstall it? Apparently that seems to be the problem...it's only showing and playing whats in my collection now...

And yes, I pay monthly for my subscription.
    11-11-2014 12:50 PM
    Their website says there is a outage...

TV, Music and VideoLimited

Affected platforms:

• Xbox One

• Xbox 360

• Xbox on other devices

Affected services:

• Browsing the Xbox Video Store and the Xbox Music Store

11/11/2014 6:52:42 PM CST:
    Did you find songs that are missing from the Xbox Music Store catalog? We're on it! Our team is working diligently to get to the bottom of this and get everything back to normal. Thanks for staying patient while we investigate. We'll update you again when we have more info.

Xbox Live Service Status
    I've been having this issue the past hour I'm assuming Xbox music is down or something
    11-11-2014 01:06 PM
    Its still not working. What's going on!?
    11-11-2014 04:04 PM
    Looks broken. It's not all albums and some show a few songs. It's a weird bug for sure.
    11-11-2014 05:07 PM
    I'm having all sorts of problems with music today. Even the Music Deals app fails to connect for me. Hopefully tomorrow will be back to normal.
    11-11-2014 07:49 PM
    Yeah, I'm getting extremely annoyed. I pay for this service...
    11-11-2014 07:55 PM
    Same here. Whole albums are missing. Or only two songs... Top songs is just two songs. The web client says "This album is currently unavailable. We're doing our best to make it available to you."
    11-11-2014 08:13 PM
    I've been getting a lot of album errors as well. Albums that I just listened to today, simply disappeared two hours later. Clearly some bug has surfaced, maybe related to them dropping the free streaming?

For example, I was just listening to Joe Walsh albums today. Now all his albums are unavailable. Just a few songs are playable.
    11-11-2014 08:14 PM
    Their website says there is a outage...

TV, Music and VideoLimited

Affected platforms:

• Xbox One

• Xbox 360

• Xbox on other devices

Affected services:

• Browsing the Xbox Video Store and the Xbox Music Store

11/11/2014 6:52:42 PM CST:
    Did you find songs that are missing from the Xbox Music Store catalog? We're on it! Our team is working diligently to get to the bottom of this and get everything back to normal. Thanks for staying patient while we investigate. We'll update you again when we have more info.

Xbox Live Service Status
    Last edited by spaulagain; 11-16-2014 at 08:35 PM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-11-2014 08:22 PM
    Thanks for the news! I saw it on my break and it put my mind at ease knowing it wasn't just my phone. It's back up and running now.
    11-12-2014 12:35 AM
    It's time Microsoft kill that app and start over. I'm currently using the old music hub app. It's just works!!
    11-12-2014 10:19 PM
    It's time Microsoft kill that app and start over. I'm currently using the old music hub app. It's just works!!
    The app had nothing to do with it. It was a service/system issue.

As a subscriber, I find it pretty solid most of the time for music streaming.
    11-16-2014 07:21 PM
    So were the music on your device or streaming from Xbox Music?
    11-16-2014 08:17 PM
    So were the music on your device or streaming from Xbox Music?
    Streaming, hence the link and reference to the services status site.
    11-16-2014 08:34 PM
    I personally download content. It's a waste of data to stream because you might want to listen to that same track again.

I still think that app needs to be build better from the ground up. 13 updates and it’s still slow. The Zune team I doubt had the same amount of resource the current Xbox Music team have, and they manage to build a better app.
    11-16-2014 08:48 PM
    I personally download content. It's a waste of data to stream because you might want to listen to that same track again.

I still think that app needs to be build better from the ground up. 13 updates and its still slow. The Zune team I doubt had the same amount of resource the current Xbox Music team have and they manage to build a better app.
    It's not a waste of data when you're on the company network and listening via the web app on my company computer.

FYI, Xbox Music exists outside the phone app everyone bitches about. ;)

I was a Zune user as well, while it was superior in some ways I'm sure XBM will get better. After all Zune was pretty bad when it first launched.
    11-16-2014 08:52 PM
    Not everyone has company wi-fi access. As for zune. I was also there from jump. What they did get right was making sure that the content on your device played well and loaded up fast. It was mostly metadata issues they had.

People are less forgiving if their content can start playing in a few seconds. 13 updates and album art or music takes way too long to load.
    ​Local playback should have been priority #1
    11-16-2014 09:15 PM
    I find it very hard to believe anyone could have problems with Xbox Music...
    11-16-2014 09:19 PM
    Compare the old Hub app to Xbox music. sure features have been taken out of the old app but it's 100 times better than Xbox music. Usability, Playback, navigation.

If you don't have access to it , install Music Hub Tile app. and you'll see the diff.
    Music Hub Tile | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    11-16-2014 10:01 PM
    It's true that users whined and moaned about Zune and WP when those were around -including on threads that had little to do with software.

I use Zune on my desktop, SP2, and Zune players; XBM on my RT and Lumia 1020; and still something else on my Xbox. I like all of them, and they each work fine enough so that I can enjoy my music quickly, reliably, and anywhere, and not care about software limitations. My 1020 is the only limited one in that I cannot sync it to my desktop, particularly because my Collection is twice as large as my att-lame 1020 capacity. Software-wise, I do get the clicks between tracks on gaplessly-recorded and produced live albums -XBM plays fine otherwise, and the RT's XBM Now-playing and Explore features/screens are much more enjoyable/attractive than anything I have in Zune. I mostly, only play phone music in my car, in town; and music is the least-important feature for me on my mostly-great 1020. Best listening to all.
    Last edited by RTGent; 11-18-2014 at 12:57 PM.
    11-18-2014 12:44 PM