Xbox Music n00b questions

jockopablo

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi, all. Somehow I inadvertently cancelled my free 30-day trial on the same day I activated it, so I am unable to test drive Xbox Music. Would one of you be so kind as to answer a few basic questions about it? I'm considering purchasing the Microsoft Work and Play bundle in part for Xbox Music but I know nothing about it. I would use it almost exclusively for streaming albums and radio stations via the app on Windows Phone (8.1).

1) Can you give tracks or artists Thumbs Up or Down when you're listening to radio stations so you don't hear them again?
2) How is the audio quality when streaming through Windows Phone?
3) How is the overall app performance on Windows Phone?

Thank you.

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
1. We used to have that option with hearts. Basically putting a heart is like and a broken heart is dislike. As far as I'm aware this option is no longer in the app, but it's still visible in the built-in player. (more info here)

2. 192-kbps WMA streaming; 256-kbps MP3 streaming for digital downloads (download for offline use); 320-kbps MP3 for purchases

3. Xbox Music had been through and through of performance and bug fixes since initial release (browse forums for more complaints), but overall it's a decent music service and performs ok. It does however sometimes messes up tags, but this is very common to those who add music manually rather than getting the music from the service.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes