Firmware Update - Any Updates?

gamo62

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
They have been testing new firmware for weeks now. Any update on its release? As well as the AU that was to be released last week.

DCW1000

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Current firmware is the version ending 6.0243. That's what was installed on the x3 I received today. That is also the most current version of the firmware that can be installed through the Windows Device Recovery Tool. I don't know where the AU is for the x3, but I am seriously ticked off that it is not available for installation and that I can't register the phone on the Insider Program despite many assertions in user forms like WinCentral that this is possible.

csw43

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
but I am seriously ticked off that it is not available for installation and that I can't register the phone on the Insider Program despite many assertions in user forms like WinCentral that this is possible.
I cant register on the Insider Program either. It tells me to log in, which I do and then tells me that I need to log in again, which I do but just keeps me in a sign in loop! the really annoying thing is that if I visit the Insider Program web page it confirms that I have enrolled correctly. I just never get offered any builds from within the phone app because I can't log in!
So I have finally managed to get signed into the Insider Program! the release preview is downloading as we speak. The only way I could get it to work was to download the Preview for Developers app, sign in there and then go back to the Insider Program and it worked straight away ?????.......go figure

Last edited:

alodar101

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Thoughts on this....first..consider a hard reset and start over, especially if you did not register with your MSA during setup. I have seen the Insider login sputter when you have to add the MSA. If the phone is setup with the MSA, it seems to run better. I 'think' in Windows phone, the first email address added to the phone seems to be the primary. That's where I think Insider snags.

Just a thought...

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
They have been testing new firmware for weeks now. Any update on its release? As well as the AU that was to be released last week.

No word. I have heard MS Stores won't sell the phone now until October, but this is unverified. It sounds like the update and FW are pushed back and there is no dates I hear of yet.

DCW1000

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Let me downsize (but not completely rescind) the gripe I posted about five messages back. During last night's irritation, after fighting my way through the web-access Insider page I expected to see the Insider option on the Phone Update screen. The next time I went there, I first saw that the phone on its own initiative had searched for and started downloading the AU. I thought that meant I had successfully enabled Release Preview status, and I let the phone do its thing. After 20-30 minutes of bars and gears, it came back up and I saw to my astonishment that I had received the .189 release instead of the .187 I had expected. And there was still no Insider link on my Phone Update page.

So this morning I check for updates out of habit and -- surprise! -- the Insider link is now available. I guess I was just caught up in Microsoft's sometimes sluggish validation process for the hours I thought nothing was happening.

Now I am wondering if I got the AU last night because it has finally been released to the x3 universe, not because I managed to call for it as an Insider. Probably doesn't matter, since I am mow close to where I wanted to be at the end of the update process. I may go fast ring on this phone a few days from now, but I'm happy to have it working on a formal release while I get to know its capabilities.

UncleVan

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Let me downsize (but not completely rescind) the gripe I posted about five messages back. During last night's irritation, after fighting my way through the web-access Insider page I expected to see the Insider option on the Phone Update screen. The next time I went there, I first saw that the phone on its own initiative had searched for and started downloading the AU. I thought that meant I had successfully enabled Release Preview status, and I let the phone do its thing. After 20-30 minutes of bars and gears, it came back up and I saw to my astonishment that I had received the .189 release instead of the .187 I had expected. And there was still no Insider link on my Phone Update page.

So this morning I check for updates out of habit and -- surprise! -- the Insider link is now available. I guess I was just caught up in Microsoft's sometimes sluggish validation process for the hours I thought nothing was happening.

Now I am wondering if I got the AU last night because it has finally been released to the x3 universe, not because I managed to call for it as an Insider. Probably doesn't matter, since I am mow close to where I wanted to be at the end of the update process. I may go fast ring on this phone a few days from now, but I'm happy to have it working on a formal release while I get to know its capabilities.

Wait, what do you mean by "released to the x3 universe"? What build are you running?

Last edited:

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
The next firmware update is supposedly coming alongside the Anniversary Update (no idea when that will be). The current firmware is 1.0.0006.0243, that is the latest released firmware version (until the Anniversary Update is released). Once the update is available, you'll see both the Windows 10 Update and HP Update listed together.

DCW1000

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
I assume he means that it was an OTA push by HP and he would have gotten it without the fiddling...

Yes, that's right. Sorry to have been unclear. I'm still not sure how I got the 14393.189 build because that's the designation for the actual non-Insider release, and I don't think those go to Insiders under any circumstances. My other Release Preview devices are still on 14393.187. Yeah, I know -- makes no sense. "Go home, Jake. It's Microsoft Town.".

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
HP is working with Microsoft to release Windows 10 Mobile OS Anniversary Update (Redstone 1) for the Elite X3 in the coming weeks. We are currently testing the update to ensure the highest quality of performance and stability.

Coming Weeks is better than "soon".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes