New Firmware again

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
so we received a shiny new firmware update yesterday.

HP rolling out yet another firmware update for the Elite x3 | Windows Central

I went ahead and installed. I didn't expect much but was read somewhere that the camera was "improved."

I wanted to see how it now compared at 16MP to my 950xl at 16MP in low light conditions.

Sure enough, the 950xl is still superior. Both pictures were taken with no flash. There was an overhead ceiling fan light and a reading light behind the dog.

Here's the 950xl
950xl_low_light.jpg

and here is my Elite X3.
x3_low_light.jpg

No animals were harmed in the taking of those pictures.

ScottM2753

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Wait... your dog uses a reading light?

J/K - was this at the default settings or changing it to 4:3 & 16MP? The default is only at 10MP. I've gotten much better results by altering a lot of the default settings (ISO, White Balance, etc.).

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
I had those at 16.

Sadly my dog still cannot read. We adopted her almost four years ago, and she pretty much does nothing all day.
hALyv40.jpg

Sent from mTalk

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I had those at 16.

Sadly my dog still cannot read. We adopted her almost four years ago, and she pretty much does nothing all day.
http://i.imgur.com/hALyv40.jpg

Sent from mTalk
Maybe she should hang with ours? She pretty much runs the place if you know what I mean...
0VZw99i.jpg

I took this with an iPhone 6s plus I have been trying to sell for weeks now...but google photos takes a little of the top when it automatically uploads, which is where this one came from.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon