Remove NON needed bands

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I can't remember what keys need pressed on my 950XL, but does the x3 have a way to enter service mode so i can uncheck the bands i don't need on AT&T?

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I don't see the need to search for bands that aren't needed. Plus i have a theory that the lte is causing me phone to freeze and freak out as per my prior posts. I want to see what bands are selected and only select the band for att then set the phone speed to 4g again to see if it behaves.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This is actually the first time I've ever heard of someone speak of "turning off bands" as a troubleshooting step.

If LTE is indeed a problem I would see if options or failing that, Field Test, let's you turn it off.

And then I'd wonder what kind of OS freezes when connected to LTE.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
##3282# is the field test mode for Lumias. It is not installed/available on the X3. You cannot disable any bands as far as I can tell on this device.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I don't see the need to search for bands that aren't needed. Plus i have a theory that the lte is causing me phone to freeze and freak out as per my prior posts. I want to see what bands are selected and only select the band for att then set the phone speed to 4g again to see if it behaves.

Try changing your sim card out? Just curious...and sorry if it is an old question.

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Meaning both our x3's have had this issue and making the top connection speed be 3G seems to have solved it. So I doubt we both have bad sims.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Meaning both our x3's have had this issue and making the top connection speed be 3G seems to have solved it. So I doubt we both have bad sims.

It does not hurt to try. I had issues where I could not lock LTE bands. Found out it was my sim card. As soon as I swapped it out it did not have to stay on 4g/3g.

Maybe try yours first...

The good part is that AT&T can mail you a new one. You wait till it comes. Then you activate it online and boom it is switched. Don't even need to go into the store if you do not want to.

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I'll give that a shot i guess. Can't hurt at least. I'm currently running with Cellular Data off(on wifi) and the phone is rock solid. Every time i change something with the radio it steadies. I can't help but think there's a correlation there.

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Have you looked for feedback on that? Wonder if others are seeing same. My x3 freezes occasionally but I've been using my 950xl more lately

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
When mine or my wife's starts doing it, it's not occasional. It's within seconds or a couple minutes after a forced restart before it locks up again. And occasionally between WDRT resets, it will even slowly start removing my text messages and stops syncing new ones. Very tiresome.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
When mine or my wife's starts doing it, it's not occasional. It's within seconds or a couple minutes after a forced restart before it locks up again. And occasionally between WDRT resets, it will even slowly start removing my text messages and stops syncing new ones. Very tiresome.

That is really annoying.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit