MMS Image Compression Problem - Need Help

xFalk

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Been using my new Verizon enabled HP Elite X3 for about two weeks now and am loving it.

However, recently I received an image of a form with text on it via MMS and I can't read it at all. Zooming in doesn't help. Image was fine on my wife's phone so I know it's my phone with the issue. Didn't have this issue with my old 822.

I noticed my MMS APN wasn't set up so I did that and restarted but it didn't help.

How can I disable MMS image compression on my phone so I rsee the high quality images the same way they were sent to me? I've looked all over the Internet for a solution and can't find one. I would like to stick with the default MMS app if at all possible and not use Skype or third party messaging app.

Thanks.

Dennis McMillan

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Been using my new Verizon enabled HP Elite X3 for about two weeks now and am loving it.

However, recently I received an image of a form with text on it via MMS and I can't read it at all. Zooming in doesn't help. Image was fine on my wife's phone so I know it's my phone with the issue. Didn't have this issue with my old 822.

I noticed my MMS APN wasn't set up so I did that and restarted but it didn't help.

How can I disable MMS image compression on my phone so I rsee the high quality images the same way they were sent to me? I've looked all over the Internet for a solution and can't find one. I would like to stick with the default MMS app if at all possible and not use Skype or third party messaging app.

Thanks.

Did you ever find a solution to this issue? I have the same problem...I love the elite x3, but this low resolution text thing is driving me nuts.

I hope you can help and i know this is an older post... But i cannot find help anywhere.

Thank you!

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
If you have someone in your family with a phone that uses the same size sim card, try putting that one in your X3 and get someone to send you a picture to see if it works. If it does, go into settings and screenshot all of the apn info. Thenput your sim card back in and try another picture with those apn settings. I've read about the Verizon X3 having mms issues. Hope you get it working.

Dennis McMillan

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone solved this issue? With the news that the Surface Phone (Andromeda) won't be coming out now...I am losing hope with Windows phones. I too just bought the Elite X3 for Verizon a few months ago, and the low image resolution in texts (MMS) is driving me bonkers. I truly love this phone except for that one issue...I have tried everything I can think of and have made countless different settings in my sim...No luck.

Please I know this is about a month old thread, but has anyone resolved this? I will be truly grateful!!!

Thank you in advance!

Dennis McMillan

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
By the Way,...Thank you Scienceguy Labs! I will have to try that out when I can find someone else with a Verizon sim who will let me try it. I did pop it back into my old Lumia Icon, and there is not as many settings...I noticed in the Icon the APN is "default" whatever that means, and I cannot go to the "edit" tab to see what the default settings are...So maybe one of my buddies will let me give it shot....Great idea by the way and if it works I will surely report back!

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
By the Way,...Thank you Scienceguy Labs! I will have to try that out when I can find someone else with a Verizon sim who will let me try it. I did pop it back into my old Lumia Icon, and there is not as many settings...I noticed in the Icon the APN is "default" whatever that means, and I cannot go to the "edit" tab to see what the default settings are...So maybe one of my buddies will let me give it shot....Great idea by the way and if it works I will surely report back!
Yeah, I know it's not the easiest thing to do. It's all I got though. Good luck. Hopefully, you get it working correctly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3