SIM doesn't go in!

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Hey Guys!

Proud owner of a spanking new HP ELITE X3! More like S#X3! LOL

However, one small issue is troubling me. The SIM Card tray doesn't go in with the SIM on it.
I have an old SIM which was roughly cut with a knife years back.

Can anyone confirm if they had this issue in the past?

What exactly happens is:

I pull out the empty tray
I place my SIM on it
I slide it back in and the SIM pops up, blocking the tray from going in.
I even tried putting the same SIM on Slot 2: SAME result.

Is it my SIM or is the pocket with an issue?

NOTE: This is a brand new HP ELITE X3 - box opened by me.

Please advice.

fin11

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
You should never cut a micro-SIM to try to fit it in a nano SIM tray. I dont have the elitex3 but this is exactly what they did in the phone shop when I bought my 950 XL, and the SIM card got stuck in the tray, luckily I managed to get it out using a pair of tweezers without breaking the SIMtray. The problem is microSIM is 0,76mm thick while nano SIMs are only 0,67mm. You need a new nano SIM from your operator.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
You should never cut a micro-SIM to try to fit it in a nano SIM tray. I dont have the elitex3 but this is exactly what they did in the phone shop when I bought my 950 XL, and the SIM card got stuck in the tray, luckily I managed to get it out using a pair of tweezers without breaking the SIMtray. The problem is microSIM is 0,76mm thick while nano SIMs are only 0,67mm. You need a new nano SIM from your operator.

Would a NANO SIM solve the issue? I am a bit worried honestly.

universalfield

Apr 5, 2018
Visit site
I'm glad it worked out. I want to point out that one should be careful inserting the SIM tray on the X3, as it's a bit finicky, and the SIM can rather easily become misaligned and jam the slide. It takes two hands and patience, sometimes.

Haven't had mine long, but I always look for that sort of thing.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Has to be a nano SIM. Don't damage the tray trying to use a cut or anything else but a nano

I use cut SIMs. I have a cutter though, so the shape is good. I have found that the nano SIM cards are thinner than micro SIM cards, so I sand the back of the cut SIM card a bit to make it thinner. I also sand the edges to make them smooth.

I agree that it is best to use a nano SIM if available. If not, a well cut micro SIM card works fine, usually.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes