08-09-2018 08:01 AM
33 12
tools
    I checked the serial number and it still have 8 months of warranty on it! Awesome. So far, I am really happy with my purchase. Came from a Galaxy Note 8. While having access to all the apps was a great thing to have, I found myself not using many at all. I looked at my Start screen, I used Launcher 10, and I realized that I don't need access to all those apps as I really didn't bother with very many. So I decided going back to a more consistent experience with real Live Tiles was the better option. I missed using Outlook on W10M vs the Outlook app on iOS and Android.

For apps that I will need access to such as my bank for the occasional check scanning, I have an iPad for that.
    aximtreo and Byrese like this.
    08-06-2018 10:14 AM
    Been using an x3 a week and a half now. Everyday it seems my rotation stops working and screen brightness is super high. Not sure yet what's triggering it. Reboot to fix it.

Got mine after scanning eBay over a few days and a deskdock package showed up for 310$. Pretty much brand new, accessories were still wrapped up, a screen protector was applied
    aximtreo likes this.
    08-08-2018 11:54 AM
    I haven't had any rotation issues but I have noticed the screen brightness is generally high, even when toggling between brightness modes. Hasn't really bothered me much though as the battery life for me has been amazing compared to the Note 8.
    08-08-2018 02:29 PM
    It's a major effort to get my TMobile Idol 4S working after each update. The last one required a hard reset. Since it's not my daily driver, I waited several days with numerous attempts to restart. It gets stuck on TMobile screen and just hangs there. In the past, I've been able to get it going with numerous soft resets. This time, I had to complete a hard reset. No harm done since its not my daily driver. I basically use it as a backup when my V20 battery runs out, so I've been keeping it updated.
    aximtreo likes this.
    08-08-2018 02:36 PM
    It's a major effort to get my TMobile Idol 4S working after each update. The last one required a hard reset. Since it's not my daily driver, I waited several days with numerous attempts to restart. It gets stuck on TMobile screen and just hangs there. In the past, I've been able to get it going with numerous soft resets. This time, I had to complete a hard reset. No harm done since its not my daily driver. I basically use it as a backup when my V20 battery runs out, so I've been keeping it updated.
    There is a solution available. LOL
    08-08-2018 04:20 PM
    Yes, I did switch back to Android Oct 2017 and now my V20 is experiencing the typical Android BS. Rapid battery burn, random reboots, sluggish performance, etc. Hard reset not helping. So, I'm relying more and more on my Idol 4S as a backup. And no, Apple is not a solution for me.
    Byrese likes this.
    08-08-2018 09:39 PM
    HaHa, I just figured out your identity. Yap, I'm getting closer to your solution.
    aximtreo likes this.
    08-08-2018 09:41 PM
    HaHa, I just figured out your identity. Yap, I'm getting closer to your solution.
    No rush. If you don't take it, I'll probably keep it for posterity. Although I am looking into switching from Red to AT&T so I can actually use it.
    08-09-2018 08:01 AM
33 12