whats going on with the latest update on our HP X3??

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I dropped it once while getting up from the couch and was certain I either put crack in it or at least a dent some where. But nope, luck has it on those occasions and drops this X3 had no dings or cracks. I think minor hair line screen scratch on it some where...

I usually end up buying one when I come across a new hack I want to test or try out. Then I resell it. I have bought and resold the X3 at least 4 or 5 times. I did own the VZ CDMA model too at one point but ended up exchanging that for the GSM unlocked model at the Microsoft store. Right now I am X3-less. But I have a 950 XL, Idol 4s, 1520, etc to keep me busy...
Haha. Truth...i read you other post late last night and dreamt that my mom had dropped my x3. Well, in the dream it was like a tablet size version of it (its a dream and stuff don't make sense in dreams). I was pissed! Must have been in my head.

Jackie Earley

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by Kevin Rush

Geez! I've been looking to buy two of the Verizon HP Elite X3s. I've been asking and searching and can't find any. People who have them, do not sell them!

I just bought a Verizon one last week on eBay. If you really want one, you have to check eBay weekly. As soon as I saw it on eBay, I bought it immediately. I got it for $220 with all original accessories including dock and most was still wrapped in plastic. Pretty much brand new.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I just bought a Verizon one last week on eBay. If you really want one, you have to check eBay weekly. As soon as I saw it on eBay, I bought it immediately. I got it for $220 with all original accessories including dock and most was still wrapped in plastic. Pretty much brand new.
That's a good deal. I got mine a few weeks back closer to 3. Enjoy

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Ya I have been seeing smoking deals on legitimate Elite X3 phones. It is always just the phone no accessories. In the sub 200 dollar range.

Jackie Earley

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I checked the serial number and it still have 8 months of warranty on it! Awesome. So far, I am really happy with my purchase. Came from a Galaxy Note 8. While having access to all the apps was a great thing to have, I found myself not using many at all. I looked at my Start screen, I used Launcher 10, and I realized that I don't need access to all those apps as I really didn't bother with very many. So I decided going back to a more consistent experience with real Live Tiles was the better option. I missed using Outlook on W10M vs the Outlook app on iOS and Android.

For apps that I will need access to such as my bank for the occasional check scanning, I have an iPad for that.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Been using an x3 a week and a half now. Everyday it seems my rotation stops working and screen brightness is super high. Not sure yet what's triggering it. Reboot to fix it.

Got mine after scanning eBay over a few days and a deskdock package showed up for 310$. Pretty much brand new, accessories were still wrapped up, a screen protector was applied

Jackie Earley

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I haven't had any rotation issues but I have noticed the screen brightness is generally high, even when toggling between brightness modes. Hasn't really bothered me much though as the battery life for me has been amazing compared to the Note 8.

Adventurer64

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
It's a major effort to get my TMobile Idol 4S working after each update. The last one required a hard reset. Since it's not my daily driver, I waited several days with numerous attempts to restart. It gets stuck on TMobile screen and just hangs there. In the past, I've been able to get it going with numerous soft resets. This time, I had to complete a hard reset. No harm done since its not my daily driver. I basically use it as a backup when my V20 battery runs out, so I've been keeping it updated.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
It's a major effort to get my TMobile Idol 4S working after each update. The last one required a hard reset. Since it's not my daily driver, I waited several days with numerous attempts to restart. It gets stuck on TMobile screen and just hangs there. In the past, I've been able to get it going with numerous soft resets. This time, I had to complete a hard reset. No harm done since its not my daily driver. I basically use it as a backup when my V20 battery runs out, so I've been keeping it updated.

There is a solution available. LOL

Adventurer64

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
There is a solution available. LOL

Yes, I did switch back to Android Oct 2017 and now my V20 is experiencing the typical Android BS. Rapid battery burn, random reboots, sluggish performance, etc. Hard reset not helping. So, I'm relying more and more on my Idol 4S as a backup. And no, Apple is not a solution for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb