Difference between 5701 and 5709??

kenjancef

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
So I had bought a Stream 7 a few weeks ago, but was having some major issues, so I did an exchange through HP (I had to go through HP, even though I ordered it online at the MS Store...)

So the replacement arrived yesterday, and noticed that the one I got from HP was model 5701, and the one I originally got was a 5709.

From what I've heard the only difference is that the 5709 is a "Signature" version, with no added HP crap installed. I did notice that on the 5701 that there were 3-4 HP branded apps as tiles in the Modern view. So I'm thinking that's the only difference...??

kenjancef

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Yea, thought so too...

Funny... I get a call today from HP, asking if I got the replacement tablet, and if I had any questions. I asked about the model number difference. He says that the 5701 is a BETTER version of the tablet, and the reason I got that one is because the 5709 is out of stock and they wont have any in for about 3 weeks, so they sent me the BETTER tablet as a replacement...

I was like... "Oh, ok then....". I guess for them, the better tablet is the one with their crap on it. In all honesty there was only a few HP-specific apps, but thought it was funny what he said. It's working well so far, so that's all that matters.

Amanda Britt

May 8, 2015
Visit site
I think the 5709 is just the Signature Edition MS store version, no other differences other than the apps.
***just
Got my replace my in the mail today. Same as y'all got. When I get my call from the care rep I'm going to ask how they are different. They can't be out of the 5709 a few months later. If I wanted a different model I would've bought a different model. I'm super happy they didn't tell me I wasn't getting the same one. Jk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss