How does MicroSD appear in Win8.1

josh_feinberg

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I recently bought the HP Stream when it dropped down to $79. I bought a basic 32GB microSD card (since the manual said that was the max) and popped in and turned on the tablet. I can't see it in This PC, or when I go into the disk space in the PC Settings. I tried another microSD card, same thing. I tried both of these cards on an Android tablet and in a SD converter on my Win8.1 PC and it showed up in both places.

I'm pretty sure the microSD card slot on my Stream is shot, but I figured I'd ask here first. Is it possible I'm not looking in the right place? Does it need to be formatted a specific way (NTFS) to show? Anything that needs to be done for the Stream to recognize it?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

zhris

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I recently bought the HP Stream when it dropped down to $79. I bought a basic 32GB microSD card (since the manual said that was the max) and popped in and turned on the tablet. I can't see it in This PC, or when I go into the disk space in the PC Settings. I tried another microSD card, same thing. I tried both of these cards on an Android tablet and in a SD converter on my Win8.1 PC and it showed up in both places.

I'm pretty sure the microSD card slot on my Stream is shot, but I figured I'd ask here first. Is it possible I'm not looking in the right place? Does it need to be formatted a specific way (NTFS) to show? Anything that needs to be done for the Stream to recognize it?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Assuming it's formatted correctly, it should simply show up like an external HDD or USB drive. I'd agree with your suspicions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk