I've always hated, and avoided, screen protectors on previous phones and tablets, but on my Stream 7 it's a massive improvement, drastically reducing the amount of finger smear on the cheap glass, without any noticeable loss off sensitivity.

Can't remember which I one I ended up buying but it was only an Amazon at 3 for 5 cheapy. It still needs wiping regularly, but nowhere near as much as on the bare glass.

Not complaining, because I keep having to remind myself that this little beauty only cost 75, and I wasn't expecting Gorilla Glass at that price :)

Hope it helps. x
    04-28-2015 06:43 AM
    I've always been against screen protectors too, mostly because of the way I've seen them affect the quality of the displays on smartphones. Does the one you have affect the way the display looks? Also, I've heard that a screen protector can help on these devices because of the fact that the display is a bit "stickier" than other tablets. If you can share the brand you bought I'd appreciate it!
    04-28-2015 10:49 AM
    The one I ordered from Amazon UK, was AceTech 3-Pack Ultra-Clear Premium Screen Protector for HP Stream 7 [3-Pack] 4.98 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over 20.
    I know what you mean about stickiness and I honestly believe my touch experience using the Stream has improved since applying the film. It certainly doesn't dim the display in any way.Far less than the terrible finger-grease smear that used to be on it.
    Try it and let me know what you think ?
    04-29-2015 03:00 PM
    I couldn't find that exact brand here in the US, but I did find some cheap ones without the "anti-glare" or "matte" finish. I'm seriously considering giving a protector a try now! I'll let you know if I have a similar positive experience.
    04-30-2015 12:19 AM