Best Screen Protector for the Lumia 1520?

Anthony199

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Hello!

I previously purchased a cheap screen protector for my Lumia 1520, but didn't like it at all. The phone has curved edges on the sides, and the screen protector was a 1D flat surface. I've found some "2.5D" protectors and "rounded corner" ones, but I haven't found enough helpful reviews that got me to buy it.

So the question is, is there a screen protector that will cover ALL of the glass, even with the curved edges, and is HD and anti-fingerprint?

I think the Skinomi one is the best, but still, no enough reviews. Has anyone tried it?
http://www.amazon.com/Skinomi®-Tech...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3264445
Thanks!

Last edited:

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I've done my share of skinomi products on different devices. I do like them. However it has to be pointed out that skins aren't really for everyone. Yes, it will cover the screen and eliminate those edge lifts commonly seen with dry screen protectors or tempered glass ones that are cut too big for the device but these skins tend to feel rubbery on a hot and humid climate. If you can live with it, then go. Regarding fingerprints, well, any clear protector would give that effect. Even oleophobic ones will have prints but can easily be wiped off. The ones that would give no or minimal prints would be matte protectors but clarity is sacrificed. You gotta choose which you would prefer. Skins also would give some orange peel effect on the area it's applied to because the material is a bit rubbery. Not really a big issue for me. I personally use a full body skin on my 1520. The brand I use isn't skinomi as I don't recall if they have the combination I want. I have a clear skin in front for the screen and matte skin at the back for the body since I've the black 1520 so I wanted to maintain the matte appearance. If you think you're good with the cons mentioned, go ahead and get them.

Anthony199

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I've done my share of skinomi products on different devices. I do like them. However it has to be pointed out that skins aren't really for everyone. Yes, it will cover the screen and eliminate those edge lifts commonly seen with dry screen protectors or tempered glass ones that are cut too big for the device but these skins tend to feel rubbery on a hot and humid climate. If you can live with it, then go. Regarding fingerprints, well, any clear protector would give that effect. Even oleophobic ones will have prints but can easily be wiped off. The ones that would give no or minimal prints would be matte protectors but clarity is sacrificed. You gotta choose which you would prefer. Skins also would give some orange peel effect on the area it's applied to because the material is a bit rubbery. Not really a big issue for me. I personally use a full body skin on my 1520. The brand I use isn't skinomi as I don't recall if they have the combination I want. I have a clear skin in front for the screen and matte skin at the back for the body since I've the black 1520 so I wanted to maintain the matte appearance. If you think you're good with the cons mentioned, go ahead and get them.

Thanks a lot for that great response! I'm getting the skinomi protector tmw.. Ask long as it doesn't affect the screen resolution and still can scroll easily then it's fine. Btw, does the skin you got cover the corners? I'm assuming not right?

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks a lot for that great response! I'm getting the skinomi protector tmw.. Ask long as it doesn't affect the screen resolution and still can scroll easily then it's fine. Btw, does the skin you got cover the corners? I'm assuming not right?

Nope, not the corners. I don't think I've seen one that does. But it still covers the basics plus there's a camera lens protector too. I'd post pics tonight if you're good with waiting so you can see and have some options at least on what to buy. I just don't have an extra phone now to take pics of my 1520

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
@Anthony199,

Here are some pics i took regarding the skin I use for the 1520.

IMG_20151028_102354.jpg
This is the full back in matte finish

IMG_20151028_102424.jpg
The camera with the lens protector

IMG_20151028_102442.jpg
The corners as you mentioned aren't covered so I just take some extra care with it

IMG_20151028_102607.jpg
The front screen with a clear skin. It's still pretty clear for me but I need to wipe a few times due to fingerprints.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786