I Cannot buy this phone :(

germcevoy

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I really want to buy this phone to replace my broken screened Lumia 900 but I'm infuriatingly hitting dead ends when I try to think of ways to work around the limited internal storage. I do not use a lot of apps, a dozen at max. Music etc can go on the card. So far, so good. But my 2 most used apps are audible and wpodder. Both apps handle content downloads from the app itself and neither can direct these downloads to the SD card on the phone. Complete fail.

I am keen to stay on Windows Phone and this is the only 8 device that excites me but it cannot replicate the functionality of my older Lumia 900 due to crippling penny pinching by HTC. My primary use for a smartphone is my audiobooks and podcasts. I'm now forced to look elsewhere. iOS is horrendously boring and Android is a shamble in my opinion.

Frustrating times.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
That sucks. Since the 8S is clearly unsuited to you, have looked at a Lumia 820? I'd suggest an Ativ as well, but I've heard it's pretty poor for music. Lots of WP8 options out there -which is nice.

nathanb131

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I have an 822 and love it. Wife has an 8x. We got both for free. If I had to choose, I'd pick the 822. If you aren't on Verizon then consider the 820. Can throw a 64gb memory card in it!

EDIT: Missed the part about the apps not saving to the SD card. WP8 is my first winphone so I can't say if the situation still exists since I have yet to pop in an SD card.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon