Pictures/Videos taken with your 8X!

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks berty. Taken last week on holiday, about an eight hour drive away from where I live. 2,300 mile road trip through some of the best scenery the country has to offer.

lullabee

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Some really amazing shots here! Glad to see the camera living up to its potential at least some of the time.

I admit I need to learn more about camera settings & practice with my 8x, but what would cause a significant difference in light capture from the native camera app vs 3rd party app, e.g. Blink? For example, these two shots were taken under the exact same lighting conditions with the exact same camera settings (default, no flash):

[WARNING: they're pictures of my pet rats. If you don't like rats, please don't click on the links :wink:]

native camera app:
http://sdrv.ms/12lEt3H

Blink:
http://sdrv.ms/13TYCTR

lce123

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
GUYS! Help me help you! We are in need of a section to boast are pictures and discuss how we take them..

If we can get the mods to see we are interested it could very well be the most popular section in the forum

So go to this thread and explain why you would like to see a new section of the forum dedicated to just pictures and WPhotography! :winktongue:

[INFO]http://forums.windowscentral.com/wp...-help/233165-calling-all-mods-idea-forum.html[/INFO]

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I always thought my 8X had a good camera, until i bought a Lumia 720 on the cheap as a backup phone (less than half the price of what I paid for the 8X). I've ended up swapping my 8X for the 720 as my main phone, mainly due to the camera, the extra battery life helps too... Missing that sharp screen though :cry:

Taken some shots with both for comparison below.

Do you guys have any suggestions for taking a better picture on the 8X?

Obvious that the 720 is much better in low light. Both taken on auto. Auto-Fix applied to both (WP built-in).
8xvs720 comparison2.jpg

Lumia 720 wins this one too. Highlights are blown out on the 8x, despite no direct sunlight, and the colour should be blue, rather than purple. Both shot on auto with no post-processing.
8xvs720 comparison1.jpg

Lumia 720 wins this one too. More detail (maybe down to correct focusing) and true to life colour. The 8X gave a very yellow\warm colour, which was not true to life. Both shot on auto with no post processing.
8xvs720 comparison3.jpg

I'ts not so clear cut on the next one. The blue sky is almost completely gone on the 8X, but the 8X provides more detail (even if it is over-sharpened). Prefer the 720 shot. Both shot on auto with WP built-in auto-fix applied to both.
8xvs720 comparison4.jpg

Doohickie

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
This is the first pic I posted with my 8X (or any phone for that matter; this is my first smart phone).

400674_531040803611481_2133054084_n.jpg

They were free samples being given out at a local bakery; I used my 8X to spread the word.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon