question about exchanging my htc 8x

twice22

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I've had the 8x on Verizon for a little over two weeks now and I've noticed that the volume rocker is loose. I'm also experiencing the "dirty corners" issue that some people on here have mentioned(pretty sure the corners aren't dirty, I think the paint is rubbing off. My hands are almost always clean and I keep my phone in a special pouch in my purse, not a pants pocket). Has anyone with an 8x from Verizon been able to successfully exchange their device for a new one without paying a fee? It says nothing about phones with defects on the website (at least not within a month of purchase). Will the loose volume rocker count as a legitimate enough complaint for them to exchange it for me? I'm on a 2 year contract so I'd like it to last. I treat my phone extremely well so it's really disappointing to have hardware issues with it so early on.

Any help is much appreciated!

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is required by law to repair or exchange a defective phone within the warranty period. If you find they're not giving you adequate help, you can escalate to HTC. Or you can just call HTC customer support and ask them to honor the manufacturer's warranty, and they'll exchange your phone.

lzicc

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I just exchanged mine for a possible Bluetooth issue. I bought mine at Best Buy and they exchanged it with no hassle.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes