8X Still Rebooting After Update

Vehlin

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to post as I've not seen one yet on the subject. The Portico update has made no difference to my phone's rebooting whatsoever. It always seems to reboot around the same time each day (around 1400 GMT) althrough reboots at other times occur, this points to some sort of syncing issue imo.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Try to disable the automatic time sync. Remove set date and time automatically. Maybe it is that... that would be done around the same time every day. Give it a try.

dol4er

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had any reboots for 4 weeks... I don't know how they stopped but now the phone is gorgeous, after the last two updates - 24 hours regular usage and the battery is on 50%. Wonderful :)

benryder

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Just posted in the update thread.. I got my first update since upgrading to Portico. I was on the underground inbetween stations with no mobile signal or wifi and I got the vibrate followed by reboot.

Ben.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
all the rebooting isn't just firmware. my original device reboot everytime the signal dipped and switching between towers. new device hasn't had one reboot (and thats without the update)

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Roaming... what is your setting for Roaming? Try on and off.
Also a bunch of Germans are saying that the reboots stop when the mobile data connection is set to off.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes