8X wireless charging for all?

RSB54

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
anyone know/think this will be available on other carriers, like AT&T? I'm hoping it is a limited time exclusive, I can wait.

Maserati Storm

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Its only Verizon exclusive and I haven't heard the international having wireless charging.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

henry.gray

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Its only Verizon 8X's that have wireless charging. I definitely know that UK carriers don't have wireless charging, in the 8X's.

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Do you guys know what wireless charger can I use with my phone? Does the chargers for Lumia works with HTC 8X? I read somewhere that the LG Pad Works, but I can't find it anywhere.

angermeans

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Im using the Nokia Fatboy charging pillow. It came with my employee edition Verizon HTC 8X (gray with limelight yellow). It works great. I've heard since it is a Qi charging that any Qi wireless charging product should work. I know all the ones Verizon sells will work (I work for Verizon). Hope this helps

BTW the Nokia Fatboy wireless charging pillow is on sell from Verizon right now for $59.99 I think. The original price I believe is $99.99. Pick one up it works great

gibbage

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Can't we find a case for non-verizon devices like the ones for iphones which enables qi charging??

Its way too early for that, and it all depends on demand. The biggest problem is that a charging case would add significant bulk, and take up the micro-usb connector. I have seen the cases for iPhones and they are massive and add about 1" to the lower part of the phone. This phone is already way tall.

I hope that someone will come up with a home brew mod to install the inductive coil yourself, that is if the non-Verizon units have the room for it. Does anyone know if it does?

RSB54

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't really like exclusives, but get the value of them. It sure doesn't make sense though to permanently restricting a popular feature from a large user base. I'm still hopeful it will come to ATT 8X's soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo