Changing search provider

Ray Booysen

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I was playing with my friend's 920 and noticed in the IE settings that he can change the default search provider. In my HTC 8X, this option does not exist. Any ideas?

SaucePolicy

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering about this too. I read people mentioning they changed their default search provider so I looked for that option and couldn't find it anywhere.

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know if that is a HTC constraint or if Nokia had it opened up and if it is possible to open it up ?
At the moment, I'm forced to use a tile to search on google and I don't feel like being forced to use a specific search engine.

3ibs

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I'm on 3 in Ireland and can't change it either. I'm not too bothered by it since I've grown to like the Search button on my 8X and how bing shows everything is kinda nice.

I do use Google on my laptop and other devices though.

WPUser3

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Change default search provider to Google is also not available on my HTC 8x from Rogers (running on GDR3 firmware)! This option is not there under IE advanced settings. I am puzzled why Nokia phones have this feature but not the flagship Windows phone from HTC...

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
That option is a Nokia exclusive that came with their Black update. HTC, Huawei, Samsung (unless fully, fully unlocked) don't have this option

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3