I can't remember if this started to happen after the portico update that allowed Wi-Fi to be always on but I've been experiencing problems while I transition between Wi-Fi and Cellular coverage. Most of my days I'm at home connected to Wi-Fi.

Upon leaving my house, my 8X show there's good cell signal but the location services don't seem to work (inside apps like 4th & Mayor, etc.) and also data connectivity seems lost sometimes.

If I turn Airplane mode on and then off (to turn off and on again the cell and Wi-Fi radios) I have cellular data working as expected. Rebooting the phone instead of toggling Airplane mode fixes this too. This doesn't happen everytime, just once in a while. I don't know if it's an issue with HTC or a bug or something with Windows Phone 8.

It's the only issue I've seen with my 8X since I ordered the day it became available. It's an unbranded/sim-free bought from the UK.

Anyone has experienced this?
    02-14-2013 03:39 AM
    Same here. It's kinda strange because it only happens when I'm using the phone in Mexico (Telcel) but doesn't happen when I'm in the US with AT&T. Never happened before when I had the LG Quantum, Dell Venue Pro or Samsung Focus Flash. I thought maybe it was a bad MicroSIM so I replaced it but the problem continues.
    The only app I have installed is Skype. Not sure if it could be related.
    Any one else?
    04-19-2013 05:02 PM