Uninstall HTC app for godly battery life!

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Shall I do it? I actually like the HTC app. Lock screen shows temperature and weather so I don't have to turn the device on and the live tile shows the time really big which I also love. Willing to give up a great battery life for it. Nevertheless the battery life isn't so good anyway because al of the apps using push and live tiles.

OsT Pathology

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Shall I do it? I actually like the HTC app. Lock screen shows temperature and weather so I don't have to turn the device on and the live tile shows the time really big which I also love. Willing to give up a great battery life for it. Nevertheless the battery life isn't so good anyway because al of the apps using push and live tiles.
I'd say go for it. Worst case scenario, you redownload it.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Wouldn't be blocking the background task enough? I have just blocked it, because I'm always interested in potential updates.

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm testing it tomorrow. I deleted the app and i am fully charging the phone and tomorrow we will see. It was a real pain for me to delete the app because i was very attached to it. To see the weather in your lock screen, so useful!

Workbook89

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I installed Portico and uninstalled the HTC app (I previously had the background tasks blocked). I don't know if it was one or the other (or both). but my battery life is AMAZING. With moderate use, I have 47% left after being off the chaged for 20 hours.

segadc

Apr 12, 2008
Visit site
I will uninstall it just for fun but not sure what to replace the tile with. Have everything the way I like it right now. ;)

Tried putting some weather apps in place but its just not the same. I will just keep HTC app.

Last edited:

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
It didn't worked at al for me. My battery is draining so fast that removing the htc app doesn't make any difference. So i installed it again ;)

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I just removed all the cities besides my own in the weather section, only have 4 stocks that I own and have all the new subscriptions removed.

If you have all the default things still set... thats A LOT of date feeds that you most likely don't use.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon