Is there any difference in battery life for Lumia 830 on Windows 10 Mobile and WP 8.1?

pankajupadhyay05

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Is there any difference in battery life for Lumia 830 on Windows 10 Mobile and WP 8.1

I updated to Windows 10 Mobile with the official update happened a month ago and now running .218 version. Lately, I feel the battery is dying early. For normal usage, I have to charge within 12 hours or so.

To be honest, I am not sure if it's just me noticing a little or what. Please let me know if there is any difference in comparison to Windows Phone 8.1. If there is, I will revert to WP 8.1 as I hate to charge the phone twice in a day without playing any games. Basically, I just do normal WhatsApp and browsing and few news apps reading.

I installed an app and following is little info from it to give you an idea:

Average discharging rate: 8.15% per hour
Average charging: 25.5% per hour
Longest battery life: 19 hours
Average time between charges: 10 hours

The app name is battery.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Is there any difference in battery life for Lumia 830 on Windows 10 Mobile and WP 8.1

I updated to Windows 10 Mobile with the official update happened a month ago and now running .218 version. Lately, I feel the battery is dying early. For normal usage, I have to charge within 12 hours or so.

To be honest, I am not sure if it's just me noticing a little or what. Please let me know if there is any difference in comparison to Windows Phone 8.1. If there is, I will revert to WP 8.1 as I hate to charge the phone twice in a day without playing any games. Basically, I just do normal WhatsApp and browsing and few news apps reading.

I installed an app and following is little info from it to give you an idea:

Average discharging rate: 8.15% per hour
Average charging: 25.5% per hour
Longest battery life: 19 hours
Average time between charges: 10 hours

The app name is battery.

in settings > privacy > background apps, can you check which apps can run in the background and disable those you don't need?
Secondly, check in your mail app on how frequently it has been set to sync emails and change that
Also, don't leave cellular/wifi on when you don't need it. For basic tasks like whatsapp and light browsing, you can change cellular speed to 2G to get better battery life
Disable autoupload of photos and videos to onedrive

Qais Abu-Hasan

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Is there any difference in battery life for Lumia 830 on Windows 10 Mobile and WP 8.1

I have a Lumia 1520 , and rolled back to wp8.1 , battery (and everything else) is way better than wm 10

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12