Bluetooth speakers - Do any work with 8X?

busngabb

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
We've got the Philips Shoqbox and a couple of generic/unbranded wireless speakers knocking about the house. None of them seem to work with the 8X. The instructions for the speakers say to just turn it on and go to bluetooth settings on your phone and search for it. But the 8X doesn't even see them. Are there any that do work?

sportrckr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible that the speakers have to be manually put into a pairing mode instead of just being able to turn them on and go? I know a lot of bluetooth headsets do this where they aren't constantly broadcasting their name, so you have to put them into pairing mode so that your phone can see it initially.

I'd assume that any bluetooh speaker system would work with the 8X since the Jawbone Jambox is supposed to work. I have also tested with a bluetooth receiver and it has worked just fine for me to stream from my 8X.

shinygerbil

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I have a pair of Bluetooth headphones which work flawlessly with my 8X. They had to be paired once by going into manual pairing mode - but now whenever i turn them on they automatically connect to my phone. I'm impressed with how well it works, actually.

busngabb

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have tried. One of the generics has an search mode but even using that its not found by the 8X. The Showbox doesn't have a mode or option for it, you are meant to just turn on and pair.

They are funny devices I find, only our ipod will connect to them all. We have a nexus 7 and that doesn't find the shoqbox but works with the generic ones. My nexus s will only work with the shoqbox and not the generic ones.

WillBrown

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I've been able to connect my 8X with my Monster Clarity HD and a pair of Bluetooth ear buds without issue. You have to go into pairing mode upon initial connection, but they show up from that point forward.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon