lock screen security

onlywaytomo

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The password in my lock screen randomly activated and I can't turn off the feature in settings. The password toggle us faded.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

Techno-Freak

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Are you using Microsoft Exchange email on the phone, such as your work email? It might have forced the security policy, and thus you have to put a password to use it.

onlywaytomo

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Interesting I am using an exchange server, I am a medical student and I am using my schools email which is protected. I was unaware they could force lock screen security on this phone. I have been using that email for 2 years now, why just now?
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

rocking23nf

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I would never allow a phone to conect to my work exchange server without a screen lock enforcement, maybe your school finally got someone working in IT with a clue.

Jason41483

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
It happens when Exchange is activated. I just got the HTC 8X, and didn't activate my work email for about 2 weeks until I was able to organize all of my contacts and download my apps.

The day I contacted IT to activate my email on my phone, I was forced to create a 4-digit pin. You can control the time allotted before you need to enter it again, I believe up to an hour.

I work for a global entertainment company and often receive confidential information via email. Any company with proprietary information should retire password protected phones, especially if you were to lose it or get it stolen.

The email you send/receive is property of the company you work for, not your own, even if on a personal phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon