One more question for the experts out there..

If I download an app that is free at the time of download, and I need to uninstall (for example to save space) and the developer no longer makes the app free... do i lose the right to that application? if i re-install from mywindowsphone.com will it prompt to charge me? I'm curious because I want to take advantage of new apps and games that are being offered for free, but i have about 2 GB left on my HTC 8x and i kind of do a balance and shuffle of material saved onto the phone to make sure i always have free space for pictures etc.

let me know !

Brandon
    HTC 8X Verizon (black) Unlock using on T-Mobile $50 Prepaid
    02-26-2013 01:25 PM
    Just tried this out for you with Calculator and yes it would seem you lose it as the store now asks me to "Try / Buy" - I downloaded it when it was free.

Store seems to act differently to the iOS store in that respect iirc.
    02-26-2013 01:58 PM
    You can click "purchase" later and it will say "you already purchased this item, download it again?" instead of the payment dialog. so yes, they will be stored ;)
    Chregu, spoonite and IceDree like this.
    02-26-2013 01:59 PM
    You can click "purchase" later and it will say "you already purchased this item, download it again?" instead of the payment dialog. so yes, they will be stored ;)
    cool! thanks!
    02-26-2013 02:24 PM
    Just tried this out for you with Calculator and yes it would seem you lose it as the store now asks me to "Try / Buy" - I downloaded it when it was free.

Store seems to act differently to the iOS store in that respect iirc.
    oh man.. that sucks... i got two different answers ha. sorry you have to pay for Calculator(3) now :(
    02-26-2013 02:27 PM
    oh man.. that sucks... i got two different answers ha. sorry you have to pay for Calculator(3) now :(
    He does not, he just didn't go on with clicking "buy". The store has this stupid behavior since always.
    02-26-2013 02:49 PM
    He does not, he just didn't go on with clicking "buy". The store has this stupid behavior since always.
    Touch!

Chregu is correct Brandon - looks like your apps are safe!

IceDree likes this.
    02-26-2013 04:54 PM
    Thank you , I have been wondering about that as well :)
    Brandonnathaniel likes this.
    02-27-2013 06:57 PM
    I installed flyby when it was free then a few days ago there was an update available but when I tried to install it I kept getting an error, I uninstalled the app and have just gone to reinstall it (it's 79p now) and it charged me, Didn't recognize that I had previously had it installed, I think one of the devs specifically said in a past thread that you would not get charged for it if you had to reinstall for whatever reason, I want my 79p back to buy a better app.
    03-01-2013 07:58 AM