Error Code: 8000ffff

Dan Kaler

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
All,

I am having an issue with my HTC 8x and the store app. I currently received a replacement phone, because my previous one had some software issues. I'm thinking my new one may have similar issues. On my new phone I did a system restore, to restore all my previous setting and apps. Now however, my store says that I have 9 updates. When I click on the updates, there are 9 different items that say, downloading application, attention required, tap here. When I click on each of the apps I get an error message saying "There is a problem completing your request. Try again later" error code:8000ffff.

Has anyone had this issues or know how to fix it? I have given it 2 days now and nothing has changed. I have also tried on both a wifi network and the 4G network.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

dinesh84d

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
This error is majorly due to updates installed previously. While resetting/restoring the device all the updates gets reversed to factory OS defaults.

Considering the server is having issue (since past month or so) not to auto update apps (it is doing on scheduled basis).

I suggest, cancel these errors and wait for the store to auto update the apps in your phone.

As an alternate you can search for links for system app updates (e.g. audio, accessories, access point, here maps,etc.) released recently on WPcentral.

I presume this solves the query.

larrykistler

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to say so, but no, this answer seems not to be a solution since I just encountered the same error code on eight applications and they will not go away.

I reset my Nokia Lumia 822 yesterday, June 29, 2013, and these error codes are a real nuisance.

If anyone has come up with any additional information since the post before mine, I would really appreciate hearing the specifics of a fix.
larrykistler@yahoo.com

LouWest

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I have Nokia icon and had the same issue. Had 4 apps and when I went to marketplace to try and reinstall, turned out that they all weren't in the store any more. MSNBC, Yahoo were among the missing or not available.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos