factory reset

romant56

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Not sure exactly what you want to know, but I frequently do them on my phone. In essence, you delete everything and install the original factory image. It's like you just bought your phone and you go through the original setup process again, and usually stuff works better. The good thing is that any firmware updates your phone has gotten are already built into the factory image, so you don't have to go through those updates again.

I recommend it as long as you don't use a million apps because it will be a pain to redownload them and as long as you have your pics and text messages backed up or don't care about losing them.
(There are apps and native phone applications that help you back everything up.)

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Just remember that Beats Audio will resort back to the problems before the updates. So you'll be pulling and plugging your headphones, until the update shows again. Which is a couple of days.

My factory resets have been pretty good, but take my advice make absolutely sure you want to reset. don't do like me and not setup your Microsoft account in the initial setup, you won't be able to install any backups, so you have to set it up first which uses alot of data, if you have alot of things backed up.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Before you reset, go to backup and manually do it. Then when you power on, the phone will find the last backup you sent to the cloud.

You WILL lose game data & tile customizations, so I also recommend doing a screenshot(s) of your start screen. Easier to get your stuff back the way it was.

DJRedLine

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Also after you have entered your MS Account and chosen your restore file you will see all your apps starting to download. My advise would be to enable WiFi as soon as possible to prevent you installing over your carriers data package

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon