Yay! 8x - Love it so far - Screen Cover? Moshi?

NickNick43

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Traded my RAZR M for 8x yesterday and I am loving it so far. For those who don't know I went from 822 to RAZR M to this in my 3 weeks since joining Verizon. The 822 was too big, the RAZR M was buggy and well the 8x...no complaints so far. I have always, and I mean always kept a screen cover on my phones and I was wondering if anyone has used one of these:

Moshi Anti-Glare/Anti Fingerprint iVisor Screen Protector

I always keep my phone in my pocket with nothing else but have been known to get out of the car with said phone on my lap sending it to the pavement. I would feel much better having something on it but boy is the front of the phone sexy with nothing. Should I just get the cheapy's from Verizon? Any thoughts are appreciated.

~Nick

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
If you really take care of your phones, get just a cover.

I haven't seen a screen cover that I really like. I've been using my 8X without a screen cover since November after using the factory screen cover that came with my LG Optimus 7 wen WP7 launched. I don't have any scratches so far, but I do think that a case for the back is a must.

If you are looking for good cases, there a few thread here that have pics of some cases. I also wrote a review for the Doubleshot Hard Shell by HTC (my personal favorite), Incipio Feather and Incipio DualPro. Look for them on my profile. I took plenty of pics.

Great phone choice, by the way! ;)

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
You can't just put a protector, wet or dry, on the 8X. The curved screen will cause it to lift up on the edges/corners. If you want a protector, get a case that has a little lip on it, above the screen. My wife has a dry, Fosman protector with a Body Glove diamond case. That is the best setup, imo. She had the wet protector, Armorguard and didn't like the feel and it was not perfectly smooth. The Fosman is pretty nice, but still not completely sealed at the edges, but it looks pretty good. Tried the Incipio 2-piece case, but wasn't really happy with it as it was a little bulky and the rubber got loose.

Personally, I have no case or protector on my 8X. I had a case, but took if off after a couple of weeks. Of course, if I drop it, I might have a problem, haha.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I've had my 8x Since release day and only used a screen protector for the first month (nov-Dec). Ever since I have not used anything. If I'm careful everyone can be.

But to help, I just used some cheap ones off of Ebay. 3 screens for like $5. They worked really good, but like you, I love the design and hate for anything to be on it.

thinkdan

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I got the Diztronic Matte Black TPU Case from Amazon and it's great. Fits perfectly and has a very nice soft finish and a little lip above the screen so it also protects the screen quite well.
Just be careful with the screen because some people have reported that it scratches very easily... maybe a bad batch of screens or something. My first 8X had that problem and I got a new one and no scratches so far.

myselfdotcom

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I just bought a 8x too. I also bought the Diztronic case from Amazon and 2x matte screen protector at ebay for total cost for both under $13 shipped

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon