Other party can't hear on speakerphone?

peterfares

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I have a T-Mobile 8X and when I turn on the speakerphone the other side can't hear me but I can still hear them. Both sides can hear when speakerphone is off.
Has anyone else had this issue? I've hard reset and still have the same thing so it leads me to believe it is a hardware issue.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
. On T-Mobile and have that same problem. Although there's a new firmware going out. Might fix this problem, but Tmobile has not announced anything.

peterfares

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
. On T-Mobile and have that same problem. Although there's a new firmware going out. Might fix this problem, but Tmobile has not announced anything.

Do you know about anyone else with this issue online or in person?
I'm not a T-Mobile customer so I'd have to send it to HTC to get it replaced which would be a big pain. And then I'd have to pay again to get it unlocked.
When did this firmware start going out? I just got the phone three days ago from Craigslist and it had an update which I applied but I don't know what firmware it had on it when I took it out of the box. Could have been launch firmware.

And just to clarify this has nothing to do with the voice command to dial using speakerphone. I place the call normally and turn the speaker on and the other party can't hear me but I can hear them. If I do the voice dialing which is the thing I find on Google then I have the same issue as others online (no one can hear anyone) but I don't care about that.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
There was another thread someone else started for this very reason.

One person I compared his updated 8x with mine. He has a higher firmware than mine and both of our phones had identical numbers, OS, hardware revision number, etc. The hardware revision number was key, we had the same batch of phones, or phones from the same factory.

I'm just going to wait till all updates are pushed in another couple months, then I will send back. hope this helps.

peterfares

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
There was another thread someone else started for this very reason.

One person I compared his updated 8x with mine. He has a higher firmware than mine and both of our phones had identical numbers, OS, hardware revision number, etc. The hardware revision number was key, we had the same batch of phones, or phones from the same factory.

I'm just going to wait till all updates are pushed in another couple months, then I will send back. hope this helps.

Do you know if that phone with a higher firmware has this issue or whether it had the issue before it got a firmware update?

I can't believe how botched the 8X is.

Attachments

• TMO.png
    TMO.png
    84.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes it had the issue before the update, that's what that thread was about. I do not know, however, if that update fixed it. Can't find the thread anymore.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes